Roon won't connect to Kef LS50W speakers

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Version 1.6 (build 416) stable 64 bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Verizon Fios-G1100 router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Roon core is based in a Surface Pro 4 connecting wirelessly to Kef LS50W

Description Of Issue
Roon had recognized the Kef’s for months without a problem, then during a listening session, Roon lost the connection and the Kefs stopped appearing in the “connected devices” list.

I haven’t been able to figure out how to get Roon to recognize the Kefs since (meaning they no longer appear as an output option).

Hi @Joseph_Dix,

Did your Windows automatically take a Windows Update?

Sometime I have seen Windows Updates automatically revert firewall settings, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the .exes themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have. Can you check this aspect and let me know if it helps ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.