Roon Won't initialize at app startup

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 PC drives Wyred4Sound MS

Hardwired thru cable modem

Ethernet

Roon went down 1.5 days ago during use. Nothing happens when I try to start app. Empty screen with your emblem that just circles with no other content on screen. Re-booted multiple times. Re-downloaded app multiple times…same result

Stephen Dudley
[email removed by mods. Use PM instead if necessary]

Hi @Stephen_Dudley

Please try each of these steps, and try to launch Roon after each.

1. Disable the devices firewall
    1. If this helps, please enter an exception in the firewall for Roon and RAATServer
  2. Uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers directly from the manufacturer’s website
    1. Don’t use Window’s automatic driver updates for this — We’ve seen this cause issues in the past
  3. Download .NET Framework and reinstall it

Next Steps

If none of the above helps, please use these instructions to send us Roon logs from the device.

We’ll also want to take a look at Event Viewer logs, which give some insight into errors being reported by the OS — Please send those as well:

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log… from the context menu
  5. image
  6. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  7. image
  8. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as… from the context menu
  9. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save

hi Dylan…didn’t work. Unable to copy log and paste here. after following instructions. Can you drive my computer?

I posted the Roon app and system logs to the following location https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1umktsjk8Fsuxda2Q5OoN2Wz6ipOzYhz6?usp=sharing
please let me know if you are able to access files
Please let me know if I need to provide any additional data

Also, do you happen to know if I decide to uninstall and reinstall the application from the computer, would any of the music files be deleted?
Steve

anybody there?

Hi Steven, in installing and re installing Roon should not touch your music files. But like anything make sure you have a backup.

Just a fellow user, hope it goes well.

Sense I never heard back I deleted all and started over. what about the inability to utilize the Wyred4Sound MS as Roon Core? I had to delete everything and place Core on PC utilizing MS to deliver streaming to DAC. My setup before was directly into MS as Core. Errors out as described earlier.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.