Roon won't open on my iMac

Hi Dan,

It looks like you flagged @support again, so they should be along to help out. This thread may have been missed.

While you wait, can you download Roon for OSX again and try and install? There has been a new release since you first tried.

Also, don’t worry about the trial, support will extend it once you’re up and running to make sure you get your full trial.

Cheers, Greg

I downloaded Roon for OSX again and it would not open.

Have you tried under a different user, Admin for example?

Hi @Dan_Budzynski ----- Thank you for the report and my sincere apologies for the wait here. I can definitely help you get this working but would like to “see” what you’ve done thus far. With this in mind may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following screenshots:

1. From your “Security & Privacy” windows displaying “Anywhere” as engaged.

2. A screenshot from your applications folder, displaying Roon.

3. A screenshot from your firewall settings highlighting the exceptions made for the Roon application.

-Eric

@Dan_Budzynski, maybe too obvious, but did you try to restart your Mac?

I tried as a different user and it didn’t work.

Hi Eric @support,

Here are the screen shots you requested:

1 Like

It didn’t work when I restarted my Mac.

Hi Dan,

You appear to have dragged a shortcut to the disk image into your Applications folder – not the Roon app itself. It looks like you are trying to run Roon from within the disk image (DMG) it is distributed in – that does not work.

You’ll need to do two things:

1. Drag the Roon app (black icon in the small window in your screenshot) into the Applications folder and start Roon from there.

2. You can remove the shortcut that is now in the Applications folder (drive icon labeled Roon)

3 Likes

Thanks,
That appears to have worked. I’ll have more time tonight to work with it to confirm.

2 Likes

@ support : My issue has been resolved. Can I have my 14 day trial reset?

Just PM’d you @Dan_Budzynski!