Error "Not Loged In" on QNAP NAS when updating to firmware QTS 5.1.0.2444 [Tracking]

Roon Core Machine

Roon core is a QNAP NAS TS453A; OS QTS firmware QTS 5.1.0.2444; CPU Intel Celeron N3150; $GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Fritz router, QNAP on Ethernet cable

Connected Audio Devices

SIM Audio 280D with MIND 2 module through network cable

Number of Tracks in Library

31.000 tracks

Description of Issue

I was trying to get Roon Arc to work. In the process I tried to “open” the config screen on the Roon Core on the QNAP but every time I try to access the settings it opens a new window. In the window the only thing I get is a message “Not logged in!”

I have removed the Roon app on the QNAP, restarted the QNAP and re-installed the app again but it did not make any difference.

I got the same issue here on a Qnap. I removed the Roon server, downed the Qnap and restarted after I installed the Roon server again. But after installing it is still the same.

Hey @Willem_Flink,

Ben with the support team here, thanks for writing in!

I’ve separated your comment into its own thread for better visibility. Please, fill out the necessary system info below:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Dear Benjamin,

Roon Core Machine

Roon core is a QNAP NAS TS453A; OS QTS firmware QTS 5.1.0.2444; CPU Intel Celeron N3150; $GB RAM

Fritz router, QNAP on Ethernet cable

Connected Audio Devices

SIM Audio 280D with MIND 2 module through network cable

31.000 tracks

Description of Issue

I was trying to get Roon Arc to work. In the process I tried to “open” the config screen on the Roon Core on the QNAP but every time I try to access the settings it opens a new window. In the window the only thing I get is a message “Not logged in!”

I have removed the Roon app on the QNAP, restarted the QNAP and re-installed the app again but it did not make any difference.

I discovered the following:

I downgraded the firmware from 5.1.0.2444 to 5.0.1.2425, the previous version. I was able to start Roon and it worked fine,

Then I stopped Roon on the NAS and upgraded the firmware again to 5.1.0.2444. The I started Roon again on the NAS. The status of the Roon app showed “Sarting” for a long time, so eventually I pressed on cancel after which the app showed it was started. Then I clicked on “open” and got the same “Not logged in” message again.
However, when I started the Windows client on my PC it did make a connection and I was able to select and play a track.

So the issue remains in combination with the latest firmware. Please advice.

This seems to be a really big update, changing a lot of things throughout the system. We maybe need @crieke’s confirmation about compatibillity to this version and forward (seems QNAP also changed the future firmware release trees). See also: QTS 5.1.0.2444 build 20230629 | Release Notes | QNAP

PS: TBS-453A, QTS 5.1.0.2466, RoonServer App 2023-03-07, Roon Server 2.0 (build 1299) production – running, no issue to report.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues. I have two Roon Core licenses running on two separate QNAP NAS, a TVS-672XT/i3 core/8GB RAM/M.2SSDs and a TVS-h874/i5 core/32GB RAM/M.2SSDs. Both are 5.1.0.2444 with Roon 2.0 build1299, and both run fine. I have been listening to Roon for several hours today and I am listening to Roon as I type this.

j4wg05vp

Same here, I have been using Roon for several hours since updating my QNAPS to QTS 5.1.0.2466.

After I resolved a issue with Roon ARC, I now like to resolve the “not logged in” issue on my qnap TS-453
A.
After I downgraded to version 5.0.102425, I was able to open de config screen of Roon on the qnap again. After upgraded again I got the “not logged in” message again. I removed the Roon server, rebooted the qnap and re-installed the Ron server again. But got the same error.
Then I downgraded the firmware again, re-installed the Roon server and it worked fine again. So I upgraded the firmware again and the error is back.

I understand that by others it works just fine but mine just does not work on the later firmware.

I hope someone can help.

Just discovered… I also have a qnap TS-364. Just configured it, installed as first app Roon on it, and it has the same issue. When you want to open it you a screen with the message “not logged in”.

So it is not related to my TS453A only. Firmware installed is: QTS 5.1.0.2466.

Needless to say I’m not happy…

How do you access your NAS? Do you login through the default NAS web page?

Yes I do login through the defualt NAS web page…

If you log into your NAS and open the Roon icon, do you see where the Roon Server Data base is located, is it in a share location and is it running? If you go into File Station, where is Roon located?

The issue is not about Roon Server not running on the NAS but rather that the RoonServer App window doesn’t display (like yours and mine) – it just displays “Not logged in!” instead.

So he can’t answer your question.

Maybe my problem is that I have the Roon Server Database installed in a directory called Multimedia. I read somewhere that not to long ago this has become a reserved directory name for one of the apps.

I am going to try to relocate my Roon database on my TS-364 NAS to see what happens.

This is where my database is located:
2023-08-04 14_44_08-NASFL — Mozilla Firefox

That’s correct, but last week I logged out and was not able to login again. But see my previous reply, I am going to move the Roon Server Database first.

2 Likes

On my TS-364 I also got the “not logged in” error. I removed the Roon Server. I removed the entire Roon directory. Then I installed Roon again in a directory called M_media and I started the Roon Server again. After selecting to open the Roon Server config screen I got the same error again.

Then I degraded the firmware to TS-X64_20230603-5.1.0.2418 and again the same thing happened. Next step was to degraded the firmware to TS-X64_20230421-5.0.1.2376. Started Roon Server en selected the config screen and it worked.

My only conclusion can be that the from 5.1.x.xxxx on Roon Server does not work on either of my Qnap devices the TS-453A and the TS0364. And I don’t like it!

i suggest to use the roon container version.
usage is described well in this forum.
had no problems with different qnap fw versions until now.

I am not very fond of adding complexity when it should be working without. Don’t how to resolve it right now but maybe support has another option or van figure out the problem.

Hi @Willem_Flink,

As a next step, we’ll want to review a set of QNAP Logs after you’ve experienced the issue on a later firmware update. You can download your logs by clicking the "Ambulance " button:

@crieke may be able to provide some insight on this as well.

Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Roon can’t open on NAS