Roon won't startup just get blinking black icon on software screen

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini i7
Just upgraded from Mojave to Catalina.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon won’t startup just get blinking black icon on software screen.

After clean install of Mac OS X Roon will not run and just stalls at blinking black icon.

No music is found, and won’t authorize Tidal even though webpage says allow Roon.

I have:

• rebooted router
  • Deleted Roon and emptied Trash
  • Rebooted Mac
  • reinstalled software multiple times.

It will not find any devices on the network.
My Sonos app works and finds all devices

Hi @Richard_Kent,

If you’re still experiencing this behavior when you attempt to start Roon on the new Core, I suggest you set aside the database with the following steps.

• Create a Backup of your current database (if you don’t have one you want to use)
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

The tech support team saw some references to what appears to be another storage location in your Core diagnostics. Where are you hosting your local music library and watched folders - on the Mac Mini (Core), or another device (NAS, external hard drive, etc.)?

If the database refresh above doesn’t help with the issue, please send a screenshot of your watched folders from Settings → Storage and we’ll proceed from there. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.