RoonAppliance taking over Windows 10 server

Cores on Linux, 1 CCA on Ethernet (via WiFi bridge), 1 CCA on WiFi, 1 CCU4k on Ethernet (via WiFi bridge). Mostly I use Roon with them (because it works for me) occasionally also used from my phones/tablets, seldom used for music from Plex (Plex is used for movies/series/TV). No group, just PIA and creates more problems than it solves. If I really had a need for groups I would switch to RPi Roon endpoints and use their RAAT protocol instead.

Roon (or RoonAppliance) is just software running on an OS. If Roon appliance is to blame for doing something basically wrong, then any user should experience the same problem. This seems not to be the case though.

• good
  • again, other services use ChromeCast in a different way, so not helpful
  • many users currently report similar issues, possibly unrelated to your ChromeCast issue (other reason)
    There is only the clue from the tech you cited that your issue is related to ChromeCast. There might as well be more than one reason at play in your setup currently.
  • expected, there is only a limited amount of resources available

This for sure makes sense, but is unlikely to change anything regarding the ChromeCast issue.

"I’ll make sure the right people take a look at it.”
Might be best to wait for them to return to you then?

Note: One user once reported issues that he could resolve by disabling an unspecified mDNS reflector software that he had still running in his network. Maybe something you want to check.

1 Like