RoonArc not connecting to Roon Core

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core machine is Win 10 Pro (19045.2846), Intel I5, 8GB Ram. Roon Core app is Roon 2.0 (build 1259) production (64bit).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

BT SMart Hub 2 model GRV9517UAC34-A-SA
Deco M5 wireless network in Access Point mode
No VPN enabled

Connected Audio Devices

Remote is a Google Pixel 6, RoonArc 1.0 (177)

Number of Tracks in Library

about 2900 tracks

Description of Issue

I am not able to get RoonArc to connect to my Roon Core when I am outside of my home and home network. I am furthermore not able to listen to any downloaded music outside of my home network after downloading at home and enabling Offline mode in RoonArc.

Troubleshooting page diagnostic data:
{

“ipv6_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},

“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},

“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“165.hhh.iii.jjj”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“2a00:aaa:bbb:ccc:ddd:eee:fff:ggg”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},

“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},

“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.254”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">718ConflictInMappingEntry</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}

}

Hi @Martin_Nichols ,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delay in getting back to you here. Based on your diagnostic data, there are a few potential issues happening here:

1. It looks like your ISP or your router may be using IPv6 but your actual IP appears to be an IPv4 address:
  1. This error means that UPnP/NAT was unable to be automatically configured, please ensure that your router is using the latest firmware:
  1. It appears that whatever port that Roon is trying to use is being used by another app, or is being blocked by your router/firewall:
  1. Please see this post regarding BT Smart Hub specifically, you may have to set a manual port forwarding rule for ARC to work properly:

Hope this helps, but do let us know if you have any questions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.