RoonARC not working with ATT&T BGW210

Thank you @AceRimmer.

The only obvious comment I can add is that I do remember having to restart the router for the changes to actually take effect.
I assume this has been tried too?

@AceRimmer : Many restarts, hope dashed with each one.

Thanks for checking your router! With luck, someone with Roon can help during business hours.

2 Likes

Do I need to do anything else to engage @support, or will they drop by in due time? Or am I supposed to go about it another way?

Try AT&T support, they were not as bad as I expected last time I called them.

1 Like

HI @Trent_Reynolds,

We’re hopping around trying to get to the issues as fast as we can!

Can you try canyouseeme.org and check to see if they can see you on port 55000? You’ll need to check 55000-55005 as you’ve got it configured in the router. If they can’t see you, something is blocking us too be it your router or your ISP.

Is this the services tab in your screenshot? If so, can I see what is in the ports tab?

Also, what do you see when you click that “custom services” button? Can we manually configure something via that button or the ports tab?

Thanks,
Wes

1 Like

@Wes: Wasn’t trying to rush ya! Just making sure I was going about this the right way. I appreciate you chiming in.

Negative on canyouseeme for the entire range.

There are screenshots of every single thing I could think of to screenshot on the above thread, and while maybe something qualifies as a Services Tab, I don’t see anything that looks like a Ports Tab. To condense, I’ll put some new screenshots here.

This is where I come in…

If I click on the Custom Services button, it takes me here:

I can’t edit if the Roon entry appears on the first screen, so I’ll go back and delete it now, then come back here and click Edit.

That takes me to here:

I click Return to NAT/Gaming…

Click Add, and then everything looks like the first screenshot again.

Nothing that looks like a Port Tab anywhere that I’ve poked around.

I hope this helps!

Hi @Trent_Reynolds,

Thank you for the screen shots. The canyouseeme part is telling though. If that page can’t see you on those ports, Roon won’t be able to either. Roon can work with a 10k to 65k port range. You may need to have a conversation with AT&T on the matter as to what ports are open. Provide support with the range above and let them know what you are trying to accomplish in doing so. They will likely be able to help. It looks like your configurations should work once we find free ports though.

Wes

2 Likes

I called AT&T. They swear the port is open. The man I was working with went so far as to open every port. Not one of them would show up on canyouseeme.

I’m going to call Dell next—I’ve got their highest service plan. This is still out of scope for them, but maybe they’ll be nice.

This is very strange, because this did work at one time.

Dell was able to straighten it out. Not surprisingly, it was Windows firewall settings. I was missing a step in getting them straightened out when I tried to do it.

I don’t know why Windows locked it down. It was working fine previously.

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear it got figured out.

Enjoy the music.

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.