RoonArc Problem [CG-NAT with INEA as ISP]

Hello i have problem with my roon arc.

My router Technicolor CGA2121

I have this:

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“77.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

I’ve moved your post into the #support:port-forwarding-help category of the forum. Please post the information requested below:

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

IMAC 2017

1-INEA
2-Technicolor CGA2121
3-NO
4-NO

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“77.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Do you know if they use CGNAT?

I don’t know
But think they are.

Hi @Pawel_Wasinski,

From my preliminary research, INEA employs carrier-grade NAT and unfortunately doesn’t offer IPv6 as a workaround for most residential-tier accounts.

You’ll have to engage them directly to request a dedicated IPv4 address or inquire as to what port forwarding solutions are available. Alternatively, you can try a user-friendly solution in #tinkering like TailScale.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.