RoonBridge Zone drops with 1.3 build 208

Thank you @mike , will wait for the solution. I am surprised other Synology users have not raised their hands. Hard to imagine everyone is just using airplay or perhaps their machines are newer than mine bought last year).
Thank you for the quick attention to the issue.
Arif

Thanks for the reply @mike

I guess Iā€™ll have to wait for the new build as well. I went on and installed the latest version of Debian for the beaglebone black, that comes with alsa 1.0.28.

The install using your easy script went without a hitch and I can see the RoonBridge and RAATServer processes running, however, RoonServer is unable to see the RoonBridge at the BeagleBone. Itā€™s as if itā€™s not running.

So Iā€™ve actually managed to make things worse, as now the RoonBridge doesnā€™t even show on the network despite I can see it running in the processes list. Oh well :slight_smile:

Does the bridge keep any logs? Couldnā€™t find any under /opt/RoonBridge or var/roon/RoonBridge

Iā€™ll just keep the raspberry pi temporarily as bridge until the next build and hopefully Iā€™ll be able to get the beagle back into action then.

1 Like

@fritzg @Skywatcher @Arif_Iqball @BE718 ā€“ just a quick update that we are hoping to put a fix for this issue into alpha testing today or tomorrow.

Itā€™s a pretty straightforward fix, so we should be in good shape to release it once everything is confirmed stable.

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

New build is up @fritzg @Skywatcher @Arif_Iqball @BE718 ā€“ let us know how it goes, guys.

Thanks!

@mike So far so good. Both devices are working. Will let you know if something stops.
Thanks for the quick turnaround of the issue.

Yep its working ok here

Thanks!

All good here! Many thanks! :+1:

Iā€™ll check it out later. Removed it from system and need to put it back in.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.