RoonCommandLine Version 2.0.5 Release 1

@Ron_Witkamp thanks for the issue report. It looks like the Install script is looking in $HOME/src/RoonCommandLine/ for the VERSION file and any available packages. Do you have the 2.0.3 version of RoonCommandLine laying about in your $HOME/src/ folder? That’s my first guess.

At any rate, I need to fix that.

If there is no $HOME/src/RoonCommandLine folder on your system then I need to look further as to why it is picking up an older version.

Yes Ronald, you are right about this. There is a 2.0.3. version in my $HOME/src/ folder

@Ron_Witkamp thanks for catching this. I fixed it and pushed the changes to the repo so a clone or a pull should get you an Install script that uses the current folder rather than $HOME/src/. Thanks!

1 Like

All working fine now! Thanks!

I’ve found an issue with RoonCommandLine. I use the command below to start playing a radio station. Last night the device ‘Roon RCA’ went down due to a power issue. The command showed ‘No zone matching Roon RCA’ which is good. However, the command then played the radio station on another zone (in my case Woonkamer Bose). I think RoonCommandLine should ignore all further commands whenever a Zone is not matching? What seems it that it now executes commands for a zone next in row in some table or index?

pi@domoticz:~ $ /usr/local/bin/roon -v 10 -r ‘192 Radio’ -c play -z ‘Roon RCA’
No zone matching Roon RCA
Found media for radio search term: 192 Radio
pi@domoticz:~ $

@Ron_Witkamp I agree, it should ignore commands in an unknown zone. The play_radio.py script does perform a test on the output id and if it is None then issues the message "No zone found matching " and exits. So I am not immediately seeing where in the code it is skipping to another zone. It will take some further digging.

I will try to reproduce the behavior you are seeing and debug it. A couple of questions:

Is the exact message you see “No zone matching Roon RCA” or is it “No zone found matching Roon RCA” ? I am trying to isolate the code path.

Are the zones grouped? Is ‘Roon RCA’ grouped with ‘Woonkamer Bose’ ?

Thanks for the issue report and any further info.

@Ronald_Record The exact message is ‘No zone matching Roon RCA’

I don’t use Zoned groups.

Roon RCA is an existing zone in Roon, but at the time of the issue it was temporary not available. If I use the same RoonCommandline command with an unexisiting Zone (ex. ABCDEFGH) I cannot see any other Zone starting to play. Maybe the issue is related to temporary unavailable zones?

Ok, I think I’ve found it. The roon command tries to set the zone it will use in the action it is about to carry out but fails in your case because that zone is not available. It then uses whatever zone was last used and set previously by a roon command. At least, this is my working theory and I’m fairly sure this is the case. If this is indeed the problem then I can fix it but it will take code modifications and testing and an updated release. All of which I can do but it may take me a few days. Please sit tight. Or loosely if you prefer.

Your theory makes sense to me. The zone that was responding to the command is indeed the last used zone before the problem-zone. Take your time! I’m glad you reply that fast!

@Ron_Witkamp , I’ve made some initial changes to address this issue of attempting to use an unavailable zone. My first set of tests were successful. I need to continue testing before publishing an updated release but the changes are in the Git repository if you want to try them out on your end. If so, clone the repo if you do not already have it with:

git clone https://gitlab.com/doctorfree/RoonCommandLine.git

or pull the latest changes with git pull if you do already have it.

Copy the three files bin/roon, bin/set_zone, and bin/set_zone_group to /usr/local/Roon/bin/:

cd RoonCommandLine
git pull
sudo cp bin/roon bin/set_zone bin/set_zone_group /usr/local/Roon/bin

Then try to provoke the problem by issuing roon commands in an unavailable zone. Or, wait for the updated release which I should be posting later this week if all goes well.

It seems to work!!! :slight_smile:

The output is now different also:

pi@domoticz:~/RoonCommandLine $ /usr/local/bin/roon -v 10 -r ‘192 Radio’ -c play -z ‘Roon RCA’
No zone matching Roon RCA
Unable to set zone for zone = Roon RCA
Exiting
pi@domoticz:~/RoonCommandLine $