Roon's MQA settings for a Peachtree Nova 150 DAC

If I’m using a Bluesound Node 2i connected to a Peachtree Nova 150 via digital coax. I know that bypasses the DAC in the Node. But what are the correct settings in the Roon app for MQA with the way I have my stereo set up to make sure MQA is unfolded correctly?

Thanks

I’m not familiar with Peachtree Nova 150 DAC, however, specification page did not list any MQA support.
Thus you should setup the Roon:

• Roon Core MQA decoder = Enabled
  • Roon Zone MQA capability = “No MQA support” (as per your DAC spec.)

If you click on the Roon Signal Path when playing a track it will show you what is happening.

Thanks, Carl. I’ll try that. I appreciate your help!

Carl is correct the Peachtree doesn’t have a MQA rendering. You can however use the Node 2i to do the rendering, or, the whole MQA unfold, and pass the analog to the Peachtree.

The DAC in the Peachtree Nova 150 is a

Reference 9018K2M SABRE32 DAC

When I checked the ESS DAC website to see what they said about that DAC and their spec sheet stated that it can do MQA. It just doesn’t say if it can do the complete unfolding or any details. What do you think?

The specs make no mention of MQA.

“USB-B Input
Formats PCM and DSD
PCM Sampling Rate and DSD Frequency Rate 16-32 Bit, 44.1-384kHz PCM
2.8224-5.6448MHz DSD
COAX and OPT Inputs
Formats 16-24 Bit, 44.1-192kHz PCM
AUX Inputs
Maximum Voltage (rms | peak-to-peak) 3.5V | 10V
Impedance 100kΩ”

MQA can be done regardless of the DAC chip in use, it’s a business choice of the DAC manufacturer whether they do it or not, for cost or whatever reason.

For 9018K2M: It does not. Something else is also needed.

A post was split to a new topic: If I decided to get a Lumin - which one would you recommend?