RoonServer does not login to TIDAL automatically

Since build 536 or 537 (537 is current as I write it) the roon server no more logs into Tidal automatically. Instead manual login via web page is enforced each time roon server starts.
This of course does not depend on what is used to control the roon server remotely.
My roon server has been running since over 1 year on a dedicated Win 10 Home PC.
To control roon server I use the depending on circumstances:

• roon app on other Win 10 Home PCs:
  • roon app on the same Win 10 Home PC where the server runs
  • roon remote on android phones and tablets

Another observation: I do have a Qobuz account but am not using it with roon as my Qobuz account doesn’t include streaming subscription. Just for sake of curiosity I have now added my Qobuz account to roon. I got signed in immediately. But now after each reboot of roon server I get “Qobuz login failed”
Click on “Retry” and immediately I get signed in to Qobuz. This is then followed by the “Tidal login failed”:
and then I have to login to Tidal via web page. BTW each time I am forced to login to Tidal via web page this login method is successful at first attempt:

So for now now my conclusion is bit different: roon server 1.7 build 537 fails to sign in to external streaming services.

Still another observation which might be related to the issue: it seems that my Win 10 Home PC got less responsive recently. I also noticed that it takes significant more time than usual to connect to the roon core component of my roon server. This happens even though the PC seems to be idling and also if roon server is not running:

Hello @Marek_Walczak,

How long does it take for the error messages to appear after the Core is started? Is it instantly? A few seconds? A few minutes?

Can you please note the exact local time + date you see this message appear next?

Because Roon Server has no UI I cannot measure time after the Core is started. I can only measure it after the Roon app on the remote PC is started. In this case it takes roughly 10 seconds for the Roon app to display the screen and then roughly another 5 seconds to come up with the “TIDAL login failed” message. I did such attempt for example today (May 10) at 14:32 CET.

I also noticed today that signing in to Qobuz sometimes passes and sometime fails (requires 1 retry). In contrast TIDAL login fails always (requires 1 retry).

Hello @Marek_Walczak,

Thank you for the additional info and for the timestamp! We currently have an investigation ticket open into this behavior and I have added your report to the ticket.

The issue is currently with QA and the dev team, but if we require further information from you, I’ll be sure to let you know. I appreciate your patience while this ticket makes its way though the queue!

One more update: as I mentioned before my PC running roon server was slow.
I had reinstalled clean copy of Windows and then it was still slow. Today Windows decided to update itself from 1903 to 1909 and now the PC runs at normal speed i. e. it is quick again. Problems with signing into Qobuz and Tidal are gone now :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s fantastic news @Marek_Walczak, thanks for the update here and glad to hear the new version of Windows resolved this behavior on your end!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @Marek_Walczak,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 571, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support