[RoonServer] How do you export the library to a locally attached drive?

A bit of a dumb question, but how do you back up the library to a local folder, as opposed to over the network, when using RoonServer ?

I’d like to export my library to a local drive attached to my core.

It shows up as mountable (it’s in storage locations and everything), but export only offers my client device as a target.

Is there a less inefficient way to do this than “mount the folder on the core as a remote share, point the client to that” ?

Hi @Xekomi,

Can you share a screenshot of what you see when you’re trying to export?

There you go…

Hi @Xekomi,

Can you provide some more information regarding your Core? I see that the client looks like a Mac? What type of Core are you using for RoonServer, a NUC ROCK?

That one’s a docker based on ubuntu.

The folder I’d like to export to is visible to Roon as a storage location (as /LibraryBackup), so that part’s working.

It’s on the root though, so if Roon needs something in /mnt/ because it expects this only to happen with USB drives or something, then that’s what the problem is.

How does this match? Seems like you’re connected to a different Core.

It doesn’t, is the issue.

I’m using the mac as a controller for a remote core.

If you’re curious, here’s what the “add a music storage folder” dialog looks like from that mac. For some reason, the option to pick the server simply doesn’t seem to exist from the “export” dialog.

Hi @Xekomi,

I spoke to the technical team regarding your question, and they have clarified the following:

• Export will always show the location of the Roon Remote location

• Since RoonServer on Linux has no GUI, you can’t perform an export from Linux itself, as the export locations would always be referring to the Remote/Client storage locations

I suggest that you go with this option, unfortunately there is no more efficient way to do this at the present time, but you can feel free to open a feature request on this topic if you wish.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time (especially given that I’m well aware dockers are unsupported) !!!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.