RoonTrackTag not showing in the TAG overview [Ticket In]

System Info:

Hi,

I started to work with ROONTRACKTAG and ROONALBUMTAG but in 1 specific case it does not work. Before I started I deleted some tags that were made in Roon to replace them with tags in the audiofile.

The tag is properly showing in Roon

but when I click on it it tells me it was deleted :

Any advice to restore the tag ? Recreating the tag again in Roon did not help…

Best Regards,

Benedikt.

Hi @Benedikt_Gruyaert,

What kind of content did you apply the tag to, are these local library FLAC tracks? Do any other tags have the same behavior or is it just the “slow” tag?

If you want, you can also send me the affected media via Dropbox / Google Drive and I can take a look at it from my end, just send it as a private message by clicking my name -> message on this forum.

Hi,

These are in my local library containing both DSF, FLAC & ALAC files. It works perfectly for the other tag content I put in ‘ROONTRACKTAG’ or ‘ROONALBUMTAG’. Only the ‘Slow’ tag content is not working. I had the tag created in Roon and deleted it in Roon before I started to create the tags into the file.

Thanks,

Benedikt.

Hi,

Have you had an opportunity to look at this?

Thanks,

Benedikt.

Hi @Benedikt_Gruyaert,

Thanks for your patience here! Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly:

• You originally had the Slow tag
  • You deleted it
  • You recreated it using file tags but it’s not working

Is that right? If so, can you please try to manually add something to that tag in Roon — does it work?
If this doesn’t work, can you let me know the exact local time + date + tag + album you tried to add but didn’t work?

Hi,

That’s right.

I just recreated (Monday, October 26th at 10:35 am CET) the tag ‘Slow’ and am able to add a track to that tag but the tracks having the ‘ROONTRACKTAG’ set to ‘Slow’ are not appearing.

For the other tags they blend in perfectly (tagged in Roon or created through ‘ROONTRACKTAG’ in the track)

Best Regards,

Benedikt.

1 Like

Hi @Benedikt_Gruyaert,

Thanks for letting me know that timestamp! Can I please request that you send me a copy of your Roon ROCK logs by using these instructions? If you have any issues accessing or sending the logs, just let me know!

Hi,

Please find the Log’s here:

Thanks and Best Regards,

Benedikt.

1 Like

Hi Noris,

It seems I did a reply to myself hence I didn’t hear back from you…
Here you have the logs and some example tracks:

Thanks and Best Regards,

Benedikt.

1 Like

Hi @Benedikt_Gruyaert,

Thank you for sharing those logs and examples! We have an investigation into similar tag behavior, so I have added your report to our investigation ticket.

I can’t comment on when exactly the investigation will be completed, but thank you for sharing the logs and examples, this will be helpful in the investigation!

Hi Noris,

First of all my Best Wishes for 2021!

We’re you able to find something regarding this issue?

Best Regards,

Benedikt.

1 Like

Hi @Benedikt_Gruyaert,

Happy 2021 to you as well!

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our development queue.

This means our developers are still planning to look at this, but we don’t yet have a timeframe for when that’s going to happen.

Once the ticket has been scheduled and work begins, I’ll have a better sense of timing here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Hi,

It seems release 1.8 did not resolve the issue…

Hi @noris,

Still no resolution for this ?

Thanks.

Hello @Benedikt_Gruyaert ,

We are still working on this issue, thank you in advance for your patience!

Hi @noris !

Tried to see if I could use ROONTRACKTAG to implement track based genre tagging, got as far as two albums in when the same issue as described above popped up (“This tag was not found in the library”). The track listing clearly shows my “Blues” tag under each track, so it’s correctly picked up by Roon, and the error message occurs when pressing that tag. Unfortunately I cannot tell you if I had this tag previously.

I also tried the following:

1. Remove the ROONTRACKTAGS entirely from the tracks giving me trouble
  2. Added the “Blues”-tag manually in Roon
  3. Re-added the ROONTRACKTAGS tags to the tracks
  4. Re-scanned in Roon

Result is the same - Roon shows the tracks tagged with “Blues”, pressing the tag and the “not found in library” message shows up. The “Blues” tag I added manually shows 0 tracks, so clearly there is a broken link somewhere.

Any suggestions on what to try next, and any updates from the development team?

I’ve had the same issue with some ROONTRACKTAGs, specifically “Classical” and “Christmas”. I ended up changing them to “Classical_” and “Christmas_”. Adding the underscore at the end worked.

Oddly, I also have a ROONTRACKTAG labeled “Blues”, but it works fine in my case.

That is a workaround for sure, but this should be fixed by the Roon team as it’s clearly a bug. Not too happy personally to adding special characters, and it really shouldn’t be needed. Glad to hear your “Blues” tag works though :).

@noris - Any updates on this issue? Would it be possible for the dev team to at least confirm that it’s safe to continue tagging music using the ROONTRACKTAG, tag even if it’s currently not working properly, and that a fix will be introduced eventually? I want to avoid a situation where I’ve spent 100s of hours tagging tracks in vain.

1 Like

I agree! This bug needs to be fixed!

Hello @Saturn94 ,

Thank you for those additional details and for providing that workaround. I just checked with the team on this issue today, we have an active ticket and we are looking into this. As per policy, we can’t comment on a timeline of when it will reach the development queue, but it is on our radar and being tracked. Thank you!

2 Likes