rooNuimo – best Roon controller ever

Good news on the licensing.

I normally lock my Pi’s to each Numio and that option has been great and the software has got more and more reliable.

So if you switch your other Nuimo off, does the Pi zero W then find either of the Nuimo’s you have?

I tried that but the Nuimo would still not connect. I had the suspicion that my Zero might not have BT. But I managed to connect a BT keybord to the Zero without problems.

Sorry, I see now what you mean. I did not turn off the Microsoft dial! There might be a possibility that the Dial grabbed the new Zero, blocking it for the Nuimo.

1 Like

Breakthrough :champagne:
With rooExtend 2.2.1 beta 3 my limited range problem with Nuimo is solved.
Thanks @DrCWO

(RPi 4B, with 4 GB and LogiLink BT0037 and LAN connection)

4 Likes

For those of you following this thread. @Bernd_Lahmeyer @Michael_Harris @Scott_Jann

BREAKTHROUGH

The new beta release 2.2.1 B3 from @DrCWO now disables both the onboard BT, and WiFi if you are hardwired. I also added a 1 meter usb extension cord to move the dongle away from the RPI and just a bit closer to my sweet spot and away from other devices/structures.

The range for me is now about 7 meters and this is perfect for my use case.

THANK YOU @DrCWO!

4 Likes

That’s fantastic news that you can confirm that it is working so well :+1:

1 Like

Just installed 2.2.1 Beta 3 on my RPi3 with no BT dongle.
Connected with LAN I can find my nuimo and connect, so on board BT still seems to work.
But the option to connect to Wifi is gone, so this version is only for LAN option only?
Ok, will go back to the previous version as I need WiFi here.
Will test the new version with my RPi4 which is connected by LAN and has a BT dongle.

1 Like

I think if you are wired the WiFi is disables

Silly noob question: How do I save the licence key on the USB Stick?
(Did it once for the RPi3 and forgot how to do this)

I don’t bother all the codes are easy to copy and paste from a file or recover from sellcodes account

2 Likes

That can be, but the menu for the Wi-Fi settings should be available, also when you are connected via LAN, right?

Ok, thx, thought I need both, because I had to enter the code manually, even it said code was loaded from USB stick.

I never use the USB myself either, I just have it in Google Keep so it is easily pasted from wherever I am using Roon.

1 Like

No, it isn’t as WiFi is being now disabled at startup. I guess you need to run it without LAN in order to configure wireless connection.

2 Likes

I downloaded version 2.2.0 and installed it on the Zero. The Nuimo is now connected and my problem is solved! The reason that it is working now might not be the new version. I might have overlooked to select the Nuimo as the controller in the License manager…

Anyway, I am happy that I have the Pi4 now available for other tasks. Thank you for your help!

1 Like

usually I need a LAN connection to be able to add my Wifi settings and than I can disconnect the LAN cable.
In version 2.2.0 I can see again the different Wifi networks I can connect with.

Edit: Strange, I am not able to get it work by WiFi again… As always, never touch a running system…

We have all been there. Great that it is working

You don’t need LAN for that. When you start RPI for the first time it enables it’s own wifi network that can be used to configure the target wifi SSID/password. Check the installation guide…

2 Likes

Thanks, where do I find the installation guide?
Edit1: Found it

Edit2:
2.2.1 Beta3 is Running now on RPi4. I have now a coverage which fits very good to the lay-out of my apartment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well what an enormous difference 2.2.1 Beta 3 made.

I have gone from barely getting 2 metres from easily going up to 6 metres from the Pi4 and at the moment my Pi4 is set up wirelessly to my router which is upstairs.
It now works magnificently :+1:t2:

4 Likes