rooNuimo – best Roon controller ever

I found some information on the German TP-Link site:

Keep in mind, that the Nuimo controller has its own range limitations. I assume that it is below 10m.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that information.

My Nuimo has shipped and I have popped one of the UB400 devices in my Amazon basket in case it doesn’t work with my Flirc case

Thanks for sharing this. Neither of these models are available in China. Can only find the following WN823N, WN725N or TL-UB240. Would any of these work?

If you use the FLIRC case it works without BT dongle. This case is a metal case but base is plastic. I run it this way and it works great.
Best DrCWO

It would work with Flirc case :+1:

Thank you @DrCWO I was hoping so.
My device is on the way to me, so hopefully by the time I am back from my holiday it will be ready for me to start playing with.

I assume the long code code that I got is the license for the software or is that not the case?

I haven’t looked into this enough yet, I saw the offer and just pulled the trigger which is not like me :grin:

The license key you got was for the order of Nuimo Control device only. The license for rooExtend is an extra item to order.
Best DrCWO

1 Like

Thanks for that information, I thought it was at the time I ordered it

That’s fine once I have it I will test it and order a license.
I will have a look at the getting started one I am home and have it in my hands to play with.

1 Like

This is a great solution. Is there a way to send the play symbol without the corresponding light coming on? The periodic flashes can be a problem in a dark room.

1 Like

Can i check - if i order a nuimo from the website ( and i can see vat is being added ) that i will not be double charged when it arrives in the UK. The joys of brexit have ruined shopping in Europe !

Cheers

Matt

Well, VAT is added automatically by sellcodes, so I have no influence. Please ask support@sellcodes.com.
Best DrCWO

Oh, the joys of Brexit has ruined buying UK goods too.
As a non-EU import, all goods coming over the Irish Sea, are now subject to VAT charges and where applicable Customs charges too.

Something about the UK now being a 3rd country

Must be putting real pressure on UK businesses for import/export business with the loss of free movement of goods & services across EU borders. Of course all European passporting has ceased on Financial Services, which was the UK’s #1 industry.
And I believe additional Taxes being introduced.

1 Like

In that case I hope I get home before my Nuimo is delivered as I stopped buying big ticket items from the US after one too many were stopped by UPS and lots of extra money was demanded.

I can confirm Vat has been charged, but import duty might be separate depending on the tariff required.

We can make this configurable between 0 and 1 in the next version if you like. Currently it is set to 0.1 brightness, so we though it would be not disturbing.

1 Like

It’s only noticeable in a dark environment, but having the option to set it to zero for that situation would be helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

Ok, i added this option - coming with the next update. 0 does not seem to be supported as brightness value, but 1% brightness works fine.

2 Likes

I added an empty glyph for 0 percent display brightness - so the display is absolutely black during the heartbeat if set to 0 percent. Hope you guys who prefer total darkness will enjoy this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I received my Nuimo yesterday and I am quite pleased with its build quality and looks. This seems to be very promising!

There are, however, a few glitches while operating it, maybe someone can help me with these …

1. The Nuimo seems to fall in deep sleep after a few minutes of operating and becomes unsensitive to e.g. volume control. A few jiggles on the dial wake it up, but that’s not very smooth.
  2. “Toggle Shuttle” in my case is not really a toggle - it just switches it on and on and on.

I run the Nuimo with a wired RPi 4 which sits in a plastic case on a shelf about 4 meters away in the same room. The battery on the Nuimo is full and in the extension manager everything looks and functions normally.

Any ideas?

I just checked the VAT situation for the Nuimos. There is a limit for private persons (B2C) of 135 Pounds that is 157€ which is lower as the price of the Nuimo. Below this limit you don’t have to pay VAT as Sellcodes had already paid that.
You should show the customs guys your online order and anything should be fine.

Best DrCWO

1 Like

The Nuimo falls asleep when not playing music. If music plays you see each 4 to 5 seconds the play symbol coming up like a heartbeat. This prevents the Nuimo from falling asleep. This means it responsive if you play music. If not it takes some time until it wakes up…

Best DrCWO