Ropiee on Allo USBridge Signature

Hi Friends!

Just some confirmations and questions before buying an Allo Usbridge Sig:

• it works as Roon endpoint with Ropiee
  • it works as HQPlayer NAA endpoint with Ropiee
  • DSD upsampling up to 512 is possible with the route Roon-HQPlayer-AlloUsbridgeOut?
  • does the HiFi USB port on Allo Usbridge deliver 5V to the connected DAC?

I’m planning to use my Pro-Ject PreBox Digi S2 as DAC (to power up I need a smoothed 5V power supply on USB as the Pro-Ject StreamBox does) - any experiences?

If the Usbridge Sig works with Roon and HQPlayer it will make my StreamBox and my HiFiBerry (as NAA endpoint) redundant. Worth the 300€.

It works as a Roon Bridge to an endpoint.
It works as an NAA device.
Up sampling to DSD 512 is not possible for me with that Allo device as it is based on Rasp3 and doesnt have the necessary processing power. I have no problem up sampling to DSD 128 or to any PCM rate with the AlloUSBbridge.
I use a Raspberry 4 with RopieeXL for up sampling to DSD 256 or 512. Works perfect.

Thanks!

The upsampling to DSD 512 is just an optional feature for me, but up to 256 is a must have. Processing power of Rasp3? Why this has an influence? The Allo is just an USB bridge to my DAC. The upsampling is done on HQPlayer on my MacBook Pro and then send by NAA to the Allo. So the power of a Rasp3 should be enough for just forwarding the stream?

Just selling one in Sales & Trades😁

Good price but I already ordered.

1 Like

Really ?

I’m using AlloUSBridge (non SIG, “basic” version with DietPi) powered from ALLO Sparky SBC.
Resampling to DSD512 on HQPlayer (or ROON) and forwarding the stream to NAA (or RoonBridge) running on Allo USBridge: No issue, Sparky SBC load is “light”.

Only limits at DSD512 rate are sometimes “clicks and pops” with basic Sparky Ethernet controller so i’m using an USB3 / Ethernet adapter (external plug) and DSD512 streams are perfectly reliable.

I’m very surprised that the RPI3 Compute Module doesn’t have the necessary computing power to manage the stream. In addition, SIG version Ethernet controller with new ASIX drivers should be much more robust and work at DSD512 and even perhaps DSD1024 rates without the need for an adapter (dixit ALLO).

Sure, i agree … In principle there should be no problem with computing power.

1 Like

No problem. You will enjoy it. I just decided to upgrade to the UltraRendu

Ok, I’ll test the Usbridge Sig and will leave the result here. Maybe the problem is only on the Sparky-based Usbridge. Otherwise an external Ethernet adapter is a cheap fix.

1 Like

OK thank’s @Dirk_Beckers , very interested in your results with SIG version at DSD512. Computing power requirements are on your Mac Pro (depending on selected HQP filters / modulators, some are very greedy)
I plan to upgrade to SIG + Shanti but DSD512 is the best way to feed my DAC. Non SIG version works perfectly with (30€) external adapter at DSD512.

Hey
Bin using this ALLOUSBRIDGE SIGNATURE>ProJect Pre S2 DAC…Powered with IFI PSU 5V…2.5A With no issues…Does native DSD512 very reliable…+ MQA from TIDAL via ROON ROCK trough Ethernet
Anybody tell me how to install HQPlayer NAA on this device?.. thanks

ROPIEE XL 2.450 (2020/02/25) supports NAA isn’t it ?

Yes, really.
But if it works with you, I give it a try again over the weekend.
I had too many clicks and pops at DSD 256 and 512. None with rasp4.

RoPieee XL or DietPi

Just confirmet that…RoPieeeXL does have HQPlayer NAA…See screenshot
Lets see how its sounds…Any suggestions how settings sounds great in HQPlayer?

1 Like

These are old news. This feature has been implemented last week.
For setup ideas you might check into the many ideas in the different HQP threads here in the Roon forum or into the large HQP thread in the Audiophile Style forum.

Depends on tastes. There is a lot of HQPlayer threads on this topic (here and in Audiophile Style forum). With my DAC, T+A DAC8 DSD, i’m using DSD512 resampling setup (from 16/44 Flac) :

• Poly-sinc ext2 as filter
  • AMSDM7 512+Fs as modulator.

Miklats…volpone…Thanks…I will look that up

Isn’t the poly-sinc-short-mp better for rock/pop? I read this in the manual, but leaking with listening experiences because of the fact my chain with HQP/HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro is new since yesterday.

The reason why I’ll change to Allo USBridge Sig is the fact that my DAC (ProJect Pre Digi S2) doesn’t support DSD via SPDIF/Toslink. Only via USB input. I hope the switch to Allo USB will solve this problem.

Hey Morten! You drive the ProJect Pre S2 DAC with power supply via USB from the Allo USBridge? Or use an additional PSU for the ProJect?

Dirk…NOT via USB…too noisy…I bought IFI PSU 5v 2.5A…Its very good…Sound image is very good…and noise is…almost none existing