Ropiee + Raspberry 3 B+

Just bought Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ and installed ropieee.

I didn’t connect USB DAC or HAT. Is it possible to see audio output without USB DAC or HAT?

No: “The onboard audio of the Pi is disabled in Ropieee and not selectable as output. For a good reason too: it is really, really bad.

Yes, but you will need to connect it to a USB DAC. If you don’t have one, the Schitt Modi 3 is inexpensive and good quality.

Thanks, I have connected Justbom HAT on PI. I can play music from my mac through PI, but I can’t activate DAC in Extension

Untitled

Then all should be good. Settings for audio players (Roon Endpoints) are under Settings | Audio.
The Settings | Extension category is for software extensions to Roon itself and has nothing to do with your Pi or it’s DAC-HAT.

Thanks. Idea was to use PI + HAT without laptop. Is it possible?

I assume you are connecting the Pi to an Ethernet cable ? To yourRoon core

In which case you should see it in Settings>Audio , then Enable it and you should see it in your Roon zones

By the look of the HAT you have. 3.5 mm headphone jack or Stereo analog outs so you should be able to listen direct even on headphones

You may need to log in to http://ropieee.local in your browser.

You may have to select your hat in there for it to work. It may be a switch from USB to i2s in the output.