RoPieee endpoints disappear from Settings-->About screen in Roon (Build 913)

Just did my three Ropieee Displays and all working fine. No more error screens and all three showing up in About section.

2 Likes

Yes, I think it was the 913 update that’s broke things.

@spockfish the reinstall roon bridge button could save us in those situations.

1 Like

@spockfish Harry,
I second the notion. Re-flashing multiple devices is no fun and not the way things should be.
Mistakes do happen, and recovery should be IMHO as easy as possible.

Really? So I ‘must’ fix an issue created by Roon?

2 Likes

I agree with you Harry. Not your issue to fix. Roon needs to push an update to fix the issue they created. It is totally out of line that folks are pointing to you for a fix.

I feel that this issue is being misrepresented and that there’s no need for thin-skinned responses. We all agree that it’s a bug introduced by Roon, and Roon have acknowledged that and say that they are working on a fix.

The point is another one. In the new RoPieee (formerly RoPieee-NG) there isn’t anymore a button to re-install Roon Bridge from the RoPieee web interface. This has been a feature of the older RoPieee, and in a situation like this one, created by a bug in Roon Bridge, would make it easier for RoPieee users to fall back to the older Bridge version (as recommended by Roon), and later, if and when a new corrected version is available, to update their RoPieee devices without re-flashing.

I am one of the RoPieee users who have updated the Bridge from the Roon user interface, and now the RoPieee isn’t anymore visible in the ‘About’ page. When Roon releases their corrected update, I and others will not be able to update from within Roon (RoPieee is not visible!), nor from within RoPieee. We will have to reinstall RoPieee from scratch. For cases as such, the previous RoPieee had its ‘Reinstall Roon Bridge’ button, and all that has been suggested here is that it would be nice to have it back.

The reason that I reacted a little bit annoyed was purely about the tone of voice.
I already concluded myself earlier this week that that function has it’s value and will return.
And yes, some here ‘gently asked’.

But the message I responded to was from a different tone so hence my reaction.

But yeah, this feature will return in the next release.

Thanks

9 Likes

@spockfish
Harry,

Sorry,
Corrected the post. The tone was not intended to be confrontational, but merely pointing out the way I considered ideal.

1 Like

thanks thanks Harry! I’ve to disassemble the display cover to reflash <3

I am having an issue where the Roon Endpoint is disappearing from the Pi, impacting playback, is it possible this is related to the experiences seen here. It also seems to coincide with the upgrade to the latest Roon 913 release. I have attempted to reach out to Roon support via Roon Endpoints disappearing from Roon and halting playback after latest software updates

918 didn’t fix the settings → about Problem for my Ropieees. Oh no.

2 Likes

I hate to add to it, but now mine’s doing the same.

I’m on ROCK 1.8 build 918 stable. Everything’s connected via ethernet (i.e. no wifi) and Roon “sees” my Allo DigiOne on a RPi 3B Rev 1.2 running 4.017 stable, but not my Allo Boss DAC on a RPi3 3B Plus Rev 1.3 running RoPieee 2022.03 (0125). Unlike some users, my “unseen” Boss DAC is not in audio or about - it’s not usable. I’ve reflashed, rebooted, reinstalled bridge, rebooted ROCK - each several times. Roon’s just not working properly.

I went from a Pi2 to a Pi3B+ and now Roon doesn’t see my Mano streamer in Audio device. It does show up in about. The error I got from RoPieeeXL log is:
Oct 13 02:24:06 ropieeexl kernel: wm8804 1-003b: Failed to read device ID: -121. I think It has something to do with the Pi3B+ card and Roon Bridge as I can use my Pi2 with no problems.

Can you send me feedback? You can find that option on the advanced tab.

Nigel, you have a different problem (HAT not properly initialised).
If you’re in for an experiment, you could try the beta. It’s a long shot, but who knows…

If you’re interested then have a look at the XL beta thread.

Thanks Harry, I have tried RoPieeeXL 2022.3 (0134). Same result. Have also been able to duplicate the problem with PiCore & Volumio. So I haven’t really pinned it down to a RoPieeeXL issue. Will have a look at the Beta thread though.

I will, Harry. Thank you for having a look. I’ll send later today.

Edit sent you a PM, Harry; thanks again.

This is so weird. You still have a problem with Roon Bridge, although it is solved by Roon last Friday. I’ve tried it myself and it works, but you’re number 2 for who it behaves like before Friday…

Do you need XL? Or can you go with ‘regular’ RoPieee?

And can you reboot once again? RoPieee tries to fix the issue upon boot.

1 Like

Thanks Harry, a reboot resolved my issue with a raspberry pi 3 having disappeared from Audio settings but visible in About.

I am facing the similar issue that the RoPieee disappears from roon and not sure if this is the exact probleme here or even related to a WiFi issue with RoPieee (not XL).

Posted here