RoPieee - Feature requests

That sounds like a good idea. On the list.

Thank you.

Second Pi bought in anticipation of the Apple Pi DAC! Already running Ropieee with an Explorer2 so it should be an interesting comparison.

@spockfish Harry, there have been a lot of support required due to connectivity issues. I wonder whether it might be helpful as a diagnostic to add a small test on the Advanced tab indicating whether there currently is network connectivity to ropieee.org, perhaps via a simple curl to a tiny status file. This way there would be a way for the user to understand that connectivity is a problem in their environment.

Also, it might be helpful to generate some sort of checksum on the install to indicate that all packages installed.

The goal here is to save diagnostic troubleshooting for you without adding too much complexity.

Nathan

G’day Harry,

I have a RPi with HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro running RoPieee and it happens to be under a large flat screen TV. My understanding is that RoPieee disables the HDMI output of the RPi. But could you include an option in RoPieee to show a what’s playing screen via the HDMI output?

If not, is there some other way to achieve such a display?

you could add a 7" display to the RPi…that what i did.
This is a little old but it give you the info on the screen.

1 Like

And I have two other RPi based units with integrated 7" displays that work well. But in this situation a 7" screen would be way too small. A 40+ inch large screen is required.

so another option would be an oppo 203 or 205 player. I have my oppo hooked up to my 46" LCD.
for some reason I cannot post a picture right now…

Hi @Nathan_Wilkes,

Funny that you bring this up, because I was already thinking about this.
I’m in the midst of making the package management atomical (so everyhting is ‘ok’ or there’s something wrong) to be able to present this to the user.

The network test is indeed a good idea, as this an issue that pops up regularly.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas!

Regards Harry

1 Like

@spockfish let me know if I can help test any of this. Obviously there will be two states, one complete as an endpoint and one adding the display software – might want to make make it explicit that there is no display installed (and to re-flash if necessary if one has been added or re-connected etc).

Hy @spockfish! First of all i would like to thank you for your work!
My question is that is it possible to port RoPieee to a Cubox-i?
I have a Cubox-i2eX for years now. I purchased it before Sonore made the Sonicorbiter SE and used it as a music player with Voyage MuBox with a Bladelius USB DAC.
Now I have Roon on my home server, and with Armbian and RoonBridge install the Cubox-i is “refurbished” as a Roon endpoint. I think that this solution is not so optimal, the OS is not optimized for audio playback, like RoPieee.
What do you think?

(Greetings from Hungary :slight_smile: )

@spockfish
Any luck with this Harry? I have an OSMC RF remote I got from IQAudIO that worked great with KODI on the Pi … maybe we could get it working on the Ropieee setup?

1 Like

I would also love to have a remote for RoPieee!!! Especially for volume control of my IQAudio DigiAmp+.
Keep us updated on that! Great work! i really love RoPieee!

I’ve got one lying at home.
Unfortunetaly I’ve been to busy lately to try it out, but it’s definitely on my list.

2 Likes

Great! Is volume control on the list? What type of control did you order?

I’ve got an RF based OSMC controller (https://osmc.tv/store/product/osmc-remote-control/).
And it’s working already.

So the coming week there will be an update that lays the foundation for this. So hopefully this will be available within a month or so.

6 Likes

Hey, thanks for the info. Sounds great. Cant wait to test it. I will directly order one!

I’d like to see 100% compatibility with the new “display” features of Roon 1.5 Build 354, which is really a great addition.

Would it be possible to provide an option to change the colour of the clock screen saver? The white can be a bit glaring in the deep of night, and a nice blue or green would be cool. Thanks Harry.

1 Like

So @Nathan_Wilkes

Any idea about a good color? And why is lowering the contrast no enough?