RoPieee - Feature requests

Hi Harry I don’t think we have a thread for Ropieee feature requests, there is one for LCD features but not overall ones. As soon as the LCD branch is merged with the main release I guess that ones redundant. Be good to get this as a sticky or change the other one to be generic feature requests.

1 Like

Here’s one feature request: RoPieee and HQPlayer NAA

1 Like

I would love to be able to use Spotify connect via librespot etc.

He @joel,

As I’m totally not in to HQPlayer… So what does this bring? And how do I need to see this in relation with Roon itself? Is Roon in this case merely transport? And in stead of delivering this to Alsa (on Linux) it delivers to NAA?

Thanks,

HQPlayer provides more and different up-sampling options.

The architecture is Roon Core --> HQPlayer (somewhere) --> HQPlayer NAA (in this case on the RPi) --> Alsa. So we just need an instance of NAA running on the RoPieee. RoonBridge is not involved.

Thanks for asking!

I’m not sure how we can make this sticky. @RBM is that possible? Because the introduction page is also sticky and I thought that you can only have one sticky item.

Consider it pinned. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some more requests from me when LCD is out of beta and in the main branch.

• LCD mode - Force screensaver mode at anytime rather than wait for the designated time.
  • LCD mode - Basic Library support like the Web UI Extension currently can.
  • LCD mode - Switch control to any zone from the touchscreen UI.
  • LCD mode - Volume slider or ± buttons to adjust volume if using amplifier HAT.
  • Disable updates and auto reboot.

+1 for zone switching and library support
Visualizations (I miss the Squeezeboxen VU meters)
Playback info (bitrate etc.)

1 Like

I like this one. A ‘sleep now’ button on the touchscreen’s settings screen.

I asked for this months ago after seeing my dad have problems after auto-update / auto-reboot. Harry already confirmed these options will come later.

A feature request that may make this pretty awesome would be to add Chromecast capability.

That way you can cast Spotify, YouTube, TuneIn etc, even use it for videos.

3 Likes

Harry, something simple: a link to the RoPieee.org web site on the RoPieee web page…

1 Like

He guys,

I wanted to clear out one thing before I release the touchscreen stuff. Several of you (@CrystalGipsy, @dabassgoesboomboom and I think @wizardofoz as well) pointed out that it would be cool to trigger the ‘blank screen’ not only from the clock screen, but also from the ‘playing’ screen.

I’d like that as well, but I’m not sure where to place the button. @CrystalGipsy suggested to ditch the clock in favour of the ‘blank screen’. I can live with that (the small clock really doesn’t bring anything I guess), but the settings button is also in the upper right corner. I’ve nothing against placing that somewhere else, but I really want that to be ‘set in stone’ before I release this to stable to prevent confusing users in the feature.

Suggestions?

just looking at the clock screen… the power off button is in the top right…

at the risk of creating a riot… maybe the blank now button can be on the settings screen.

I don’t really see a need for the small clock… maybe a gear wheel icon for settings and below the settings on “blank screen on timeout” box there could be a blank now (Power Off) button? - I know paw masher is one word for it, but how many LCD RoPieee users are there going the…a few 100 maybe tho I would hope more as it all gains momentum?

Cluttering the interface with a button that may never be used seems a bad idea IMO. How about utilizing the album art? First tap full screen art work, second tap blank screen, third tap back to default screen.

Right now the settings button is non displayed…not that intuitive but security by obscurity is sometimes a good idea

Maybe a swipe to the left or right to go clock or blank? Actually I really like that idea. or rotate through and maybe even include the settings screen there?

Can we get the clock any bigger? My old eyes in the middle of the night have trouble with the numbers as its a bit of a distance away :slight_smile:

Like the idea, but there are other plans for the album art.

That might be a solution yeah. Remove the small clock on the ‘play screen’ and add a button on the settings screen.

Objections anyone?

1 Like

Erm, I neither see a clock screen, nor see anywhere (either on the Touchscreen device or the Ropieee web page) to enable it. Actually, I prefer seeing a blank screen, but I just wanted to try things out.