RoPieee - Feature requests

Screen saver timeout: I’d like an option of less than a minute: some number like 15 seconds 30 seconds, etc. Possible?

Is there any downside of only allowing DHCP? Reservations are the “right way” to assign fixed IP addresses, IMO.

1 Like

I disagree. Configuring a fixed IP address is the right way to fix an address from a network administration perspective. With a mixed DHCP/Fixed IP network, I’ve never come across a properly run corporate environment where reservations are used instead of fixing the IP in the server config and turning DHCP off. Fewer moving parts = fewer potential errors.

I know home environments are different to corporate ones, but please don’t remove the fixed option Harry. Keep it hidden away like it is now.

1 Like

Squeezlite mode:
Playback works fine, but the onscreen volume control doesn’t work. I can control the volume from a phone or tablet app for SB, but why doesn’t the onscreen volume slider change the volume?
Thanks

Home environments are very different yes…but home users are not typically savvy enough to deal with the IP documentation needed to maintain a fixed and DHCP pool of addresses and are better left to DHCP for everything.

I do keep a list in my setup but then again I’m networking guy and run about a dozen switches/APs so need that dicipline with 50+ endpoints in my network - lots more if I have everything online.

Yup, same with me, I like to be able to hardcode my IPs at the server side in a different range, and then keep the DHCP scope separate. Relying on reservations always seemed like a hack to get round clients that don’t allow you to set IP addresses directly…

Anyway - we’re off topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

quite simple to set static IP on a router or dhcp server.

All routers let you set the range of IP addresses lets say gateway is 192.168.1.1 then the DHCP reserved ip address range for router is 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.250. Simply change this range to 192.168.1.20-192.168.1.250. Then you can now set static ip address between 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.19
You can also set reservations by mac address but I find above method is much simpler.

Cheers

Very simple: the screen only supports Roon’s RAAT functionality.

Don’t worry, I’m not gonna remove it.

3 Likes

@spockfish

Add the possibility to have the format and bitrate of the file?

Something in this spirit

Nope, sorry. Roon does not provide that info in their API.

Not a problem @spockfish, just display FLAC and random choice of bitrate.
And an option in the web interface to toggle MQA on or off.
Everyone happy :grinning:

2 Likes

No problem :slight_smile: Thanks for your work :wink:

Hi, is chrome cast support possible with this? https://github.com/MayaPosch/NymphCast

Thank you!

Add a VU Metter view ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

Is there an answer for this question? I would like to have the RoPieee installed on my Cubox-i2e

Thanks for answers :wink:

@spockfish

There are 2 different view (which can switch when touching the screen).

When reboot, the screen is set to default.

Is it possible to select default view in Ropiee settings ?

RoPieee only works on Pi’s. There are no plans to support other hardware atm.

1 Like

@spockfish
Could you look into displaying the connected USB DAC in the web display? The Information tab for example?

Edit: or maybe just as text to the right of the ‘Audio USB’ switch on the start page?