RoPieee - Feature requests

Send me feedback (it’s on the advanced tab) and I can see if this is possible with your DAC.

Thanks very much, Harry. a65a1766b20de65d refers.

Hi Scott,

I’ve just pushed out a patch to the beta channel. Can you try it out?
Go to the ‘advanced’ tab and select ‘beta’ from the update channel selector.

Thanks

Hi Harry,

Flipped over to the beta. One small hitch in that it didn’t reboot cleanly – hung on the fast blinking light, so I yanked the power cord. Came back up OK, and is now happily streaming native DSD, no pops or clicks. So overall, successful.

Thank you very much.

Hello Harry @spockfish. Would it be possible to update @Jan_Koudijs Alarm Clock in one of the next few releases of RoPieee? Thanks for the consideration.

Yes, for sure. It will be in the beta channel tonight.

Thanks!

1 Like

Bedankt Harry!

@spockfish Harry any chance of Beta Channel release thread on the community area here so we can track changes to keep an eye on?

1 Like

goeiemorgen Harry,

I am using a Pi-_Display and RF remote control. When I start the display and Roon, the dB volume indication is not on display. When I touch the artwork once, the screen refreshes and the Volume dB indication becomes visible.

Is it possible to have the dB indicator switched “on” directly after the display boots?
or alternatively, use the remote control button with the small square (right and above from the volume buttons) ?

that would be nice :slight_smile:

best regards and keep up the great Ropieee work !

doede

1 Like

Goedemorgen!

It is always visible (only when the zone has volume control).
Clicking the art work makes you toggle between the 2 different views, and only the second one (which is also the default when you install a fresh RoPieee) has support for volume control.

Thanks

uhm… Funny fact, I have three displays, from which two are zones with volume enabled (same settings: DSP Volume) One boots like I described and indeed… the other one comes up with the volume control visible directly after boot….
Now I am a bit confused why this could be? So what now? Re-Flash? As a universal fix to all problems?

What about my suggestion to make this controllable also with the OSMC remote control ?

thanks for maybe considering this Harry! Appreciate your super service and responsiveness :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what you mean with ‘make this controllable with the OSMC remote control’…
You can already use the OSMC remote controller.

Sorry for not being clear. I mean using the remote control to swap between both screens, one screen with the volume control indicated and the other one without it. The same result as with touching the artwork

1 Like

Hi Harrry,

is it possible to integrate the FW upgrade procedure for the new allo Revolution DAC in Ropieee?

Look here

I don’t know if this is remotely possible but it would be great if the display could still work when using Ropieee XL but with the HQP Naa.

Is this feasible or is there already a workaround?

Would it be possible to add some sort of WiFi preconfiguration to Ropieee so that it doesn’t have to be plugged via Ethernet for initial setup?

Perhaps RoPieee could be set up like Volumio. Volumio automatically creates a hotspot during it’s install.From the Volumio website:

VOLUMIO HOTSPOT

• If your device has wireless capabilities (and a supported Wireless card) Volumio will create a Wireless network called Volumio , the default password is volumio2
  • The Hotspot mode will allow you to connect to your Wireless network without the need for a wired connection, just connect to Volumio Hotspot and configure your network in the Network options page
  • Once your Wireless network has been configured, Volumio will automatically disable the Hotspot
  • If, for whatever reason, your configured Wireless network is not available, Volumio will automatically re-enable the Hotspot
  • You can change the Hotspot options in the Network options, such as its name, password and channel (useful if you experience poor Hotspot performance)
  • Once in Hotspot Mode, Volumio can be reached with IP 192.168.211.1 or via http://volumio.local as usual

Not sure if this has already been suggested for RoPieeeXL or not, apologies if so.

If love an easy way to change the endpoint my touchscreen is controlling without having to change via the web interface.

3 Likes

@spockfish will there be somewhen bluetooth as input? Currently this is the feature which makes HifiBerry great.

Yes. Working on it.

5 Likes