RoPieee - Feature requests

Hello.

Can add support for mechanical control buttons via GPIO?

1 Like

@spockfish

I haven’t been on the beta channel with my XL for some time. When I switched today I see that a lot is happening!
I’d like to make a suggestion for the future…
Implement the radio station feature (icecast etc…) and let us have the option to send output (Spotify and digitized analog from an input stream for example) back to Roon as a radio stream for DSP treatment. I have not thought this through properly so there might be showstoppers here, but the functionality would be fabulous!

Integration of the Boards from Iancanada will be great!

I am using Ian’s fifopi, dual ESS9038 DAC, his controller, and transformer analog stage with Ropiee. I also have the 7" touchscreen working well.

I told ropiee that it’s a hifiberry DAC+ and away I went.

I need to have the controller plugged in or I don’t get the ability to do hardware volume control.

I just milled a front panel on a case for this stack which will feed an OEM nCore amp. I also just finished a PCB for some supporting power supplies.

Sheldon

If you have some bandwidth one of these days, I’d love to have a couple choices of types of clocks (sizes etc) on the clock screen.

Font choices on the main display screen would also be lovely.

Thanks,
Sheldon

I got it wto work too, but maybe there would be a better integration / higher SQ?
The boards are great, would be a shame not to get the best out of it :slight_smile:
DSD Support
More Upsampling options…
I think there is a lot to improve with a full integration

Even slightly larger days and month fonts would be nice, can’t quite read across the room but date number is good

So you are using the product then?

Because DSD is working and upsampling is a Roon thing.
There is full integration.

Hey i’m using the fifopi:
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-and-interfaces-for-raspberry-pi/ian-canada-fifopi-q2-ultimate-reclocker-module-fifo-pcm-32bit-768khz-dsd1024-dop-p-13823.html
and the Transportpi:
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-and-interfaces-for-raspberry-pi/ian-canada-transportpi-digital-interface-spdif-low-jitter-for-raspberry-pi-p-14232.html

first i uset Raspberry Pi Dac in the ropiee Settings.–> in the roon upsampling option was DSD available. (it doesnt work )
I changed to Hifiberry DAC+ DSP --> the DSD option dissapeared in roon Option.

so i thought, roon is scanning what formats can be used.

Hi @spockfish,
I’m experimenting with the official RPi PoE HAT v2 and the fan kicks in at relatively low temperatures, around 45°C.
Any chance to add PoE fan control to the web interface?
Kind regards,
Wim

I hate to keep asking for things, but one thing that would be really nice is to have the volume slider on both screens on the 7" display.

The default screen has the magnified and blurred album art as a background behind the controls and such. There is a hardware volume control on that screen. But the second screen with the plain black background does not have the volume slider. I like the second screen better but often use the volume slider.

Again, no big deal and the software works really well for me, but if you are really bored and looking for things to do… :smiley:

Also if it’s something you’d be willing to farm out, I’d be willing to work on it for you and hand back.

Thanks,
Sheldon

Would it be possible to map commands for a certain zone to execute a web-based API via http or websocket? I imagine it would be similar to the Remote configuration where we can define the zone name, but would then would have the ability to build something like the following:

• Roon Action [Play, Pause, VolumeUp, VolumeDown, etc.]
    • Actions (a sequence of commands)
      • Execute action(s): [HTTP/WS URL]
      • Delay action [Time in seconds] (optional defeat Roon Action)

So in practice I would be able to have RoPieee respond to Roon command “Play” by executing API calls to: turn a device power on, change input and set default volume. Then on “Pause” I could have a 300 second delay that defeats on “Play”, otherwise would power down the device.

I have my Rotel RC-1570 connected via USB-to-Serial on my RPi3b+ running RoPieee. This interface is exposed via serial-port-json-server.

Hi @spockfish,

Happily enjoying Ropieee.

One suggestion (and an easy one to implement) - would it be possible to add fields to the RoPieeeXL configuration page to enable a user to set the Friendly Names for the non-Roon services? Editing these in /etc/ropieee.conf does the job, but it would be nicer to do so (and easier for users) via the UI.

For example, use the new field (or fields) to set these lines in the config file:
rp_xl_shairport_service_name=‘Living Room’
rp_xl_spotify_service_name=‘Living Room’
rp_xl_squeezelite_service_name=‘Living Room’
rp_xl_upmpdcli_service_name=‘Living Room’

This allows users to name rooms without the restrictions of the device hostname and to match the friendly name that they might choose in Roon, also allowing spaces in the name.

3 Likes

I second this request. I’ve got a small “changenames” script which I keep on the box and I run every time RopieeeXL is updated (attached below) but it would be better if it were to be in the GUI.

#!/bin/sh

sed -i 's/ name./ name = “Roon 2”;/’ /opt/RoPieee/shairport-sync/config
sed -i "s/^SPOTIFY_NAME.
/SPOTIFY_NAME=‘Roon 2’/" /opt/RoPieee/librespot/run.sh

systemctl restart shairport-sync
systemctl restart librespot

2 Likes

@spockfish would it be easy to implement (for those of us with several or many (10+ for me)) an immediate restart and power down icons in the Devices Display list in the GUI…so we dont need to do so many clicks and screens this way to force update or shutdown of a device or several.

1 Like

@spockfish how about dark mode for the UI?

@spockfish Harry, any updates on this one (bluetooth support)?

1 Like

Ive been looking in the beta’s and not seen anything but keeping my fingers x

It is in the works (got the basics working), but it won’t be in the next release.

2 Likes

is Tidal Connect a possibility for RopieeeXL?

1 Like