RoPieee - Feature requests

Thanks Harry, I think I can live with DSD128. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, me too.

If you need anything else just let me know.

For now enjoy the music!

1 Like

Hey,
are there Plans to add Volume Control to the Touch Screen?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Multichannnel DSD support would be fantasticā€¦

Harry,

Thanks for Ropieee - enjoying it immensly!

3 Likes

Iā€™m loving ropieee and Roon but there are times there are things on Spotify Iā€™d like to listen to. Given that ropieee is built on Arch, all the Spotify connect packages donā€™t work. Count me in as wanting Spotify support in ropieee. I donā€™t want it through Roon directly, but just making my Rpi work as a Spotify connect destination. Any chance this will happen any time?

@spockfish Harry any more thoughts on the ability to provide a volume level control on the display? Or perhaps even something as simple as a -20db (or configurable value) mute button or both.
This would be very handy for units that are driving a DAC or AMP hat as sometimes hunting down a remote app to answer a phone call or when someone calls you etc can be rather inconvenient.

This is one of the things thatā€™s on my list. Recently Iā€™ve got a DAC myself with volume control (acting as pre-amp) , so this makes sense.

Time though :wink:

2 Likes

Hi, congratulations, RoPieee is really an excellent product. Thank you. I would like to suggest a new feature: Display Album/Song info when playing a radio station. Currently Radio Paradise which is a great Station is casting in 44/16 Flac. It sounds really great on any HIFI system. However, I have to use their web interface to listen/ view what is currently playing. Is that possible and how can I help to make this happen?

Sedim Al-Araji

I dont think Ropieee can help here as this as its down to how Radio is implemented in Roon itself and whether that metadata is available to them in the stream not Ropieee. Same goes for most internet radio via Roon it doesnā€™t get the metadata.

1 Like

Hello,

Please add support for the ApplePi DAC:

Let me know what info you need.

It has already been added to the rpi kernel. The overlay is avaialble here:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/files/1544886/ApplePi-DAC_dtbo_dts.zip

Thanks;
Leo

Suggestion for an improvement.

I sometimes get the Connection failure page coming up on my RPi display. But not all of the page content fits onto the display. On mine it finishes withā€¦

For configuring RoPieee you can point your browser to
http://Audiophonics01 or

Suggest you remove some of the blank lines so that it can fit the next line on the display.

Would really like Native DSD for Simaudio Moon Dacs.

That really depends on the device itself. Do you have one? connected over USB I presume?

still allo usbridge support would be nice

1 Like

Yes, Usb to Moon 350p, I just able to play DSD128 instead of DSD256. (DoP)

Ok are you familiair with SSH? Then you can run some command so I can see if the DAC is capable of doing native DSD.

Yes, absolutely.

ok. make sure your logged in as root (passwd: root), then run the following commands:

aplay -l

and

cat /proc/asound/card*/stream*

and finally a

lsusb

If you give me that information I can quickly see if it is already advertising native DSD.

Here we go:

[root@HifiPI ~]# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Audio [MOON USB DSD HD Audio], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
[root@HifiPI ~]# cat /proc/asound/card*/stream*
Simaudio Ltd. MOON USB DSD HD Audio at usb-3f980000.usb-1.3, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
Interface 2
Altset 1
Format: S32_LE
Channels: 2
Endpoint: 5 OUT (ASYNC)
Rates: 32000, 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000
Data packet interval: 125 us
[root@HifiPI ~]# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2397:000d
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
[root@HifiPI ~]#