RoPieee LCD Beta stuff - tell it like it is

after reboot, and then with an interval of 4 hours.

This is gonna change however to a more relaxed schedule and it’s going to be configurable.

1 Like

Seems a new bug… screen is Not blanking when there is the unknown display there…like after. A reboot too just sits there

I’m not sure what you exactly mean…

The ‘unknown’ display? When are you getting that one?

I get the same thing. It never goes to the screen saver when music has stopped playing.
Or was it supposed to go to a clock :wink:

I have the same thing @spockfish

In addition, even with music playing, I went to Roon Extensions and disabled the Ropieee extension. Normally after 15 minutes the display still turns off with Roon ext disabled, but it’s not turning off with this latest update for me.

Ok so it’s not just me…but 2 of my setups if I pause a playing queue then it will sleep/blank the display, but if it’s rebooted and no play is done or perhaps the list ends then no sleep/blank happens

Ok guys. I’m gonna look into this straight away.

1 Like

Already found it. It bit me for the second time :wink:

Roon has a status ‘paused’ that becomes active whenever you … pause. However, there’s also a status ‘stopped’ that kicks in when your queue is empty and you disable radio. And that scenario is something I never have, as I always have radio on.

Anyways, it’s fixed, update is pushed out, and I make a mental note to test this scenario in the future as well.

Thanks for the feedback, it helped a lot!

1 Like

A minor thing, but I noticed the other day that the touchscreen apparently stopped responding to touch - although it was displaying the “now playing” status correctly, including the correct status of the play/pause button.

Edit: It turned out that I was using a grouped zone. Touch is disabled if the Touchscreen zone is in a group…

Ow. is that so? From my side that’s not deliberate though.

Will look into this if this is a restriction from Roon’s side or this is something I can change.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m almost sure that touch was working when the named zone was part of a group at one time, but it certainly isn’t now…

Ok. Just tested this in my setup with 2 devices in a zone. And it works. So … what’s different between my test and your setup?

Harry, I think it depends on the order in which you create the zone.

Let’s say you have two zones: A and B, and zone A is the one defined in RoPieee for the touchscreen. Then if you first use zone A and then group zone B with it, Roon displays A + 1 for the zones, and touch works.

However, if you first use zone B and then group zone A with it, Roon displays B + 1, and touch doesn’t work…

I tried this and either zone/touchscreen can control grouped playback via either touchscreen - no issues.

OK, well, it’s not working on my setup (Core on ROCK, multiple Roon remotes on Windows 10 devices, Roon endpoints on RPi, Windows 10 and NUC HDMI). The touchscreen is on the zone that uses the NUC HDMI endpoint (for multichannel and stereo output).

1 Like

Ok. Can you do the following: setup the config where it doesn’t work, and then hit the feedback button.

Feedback sent - 5db3f282e813fe87

1 Like

ok. Am I right that in the situation with A + B, A = Denon it all works, and when A = Atera it fails?

Yes - that seems to be the case. The feedback was taken after starting with the Artera zone, and then adding the Denon zone. The Artera zone is a RPi endpoint, then Denon the HDMI endpoint…

Some additional info, for clarity, the RPi endpoint is connected to my Quad Artera Link via USB, so Roon shows the audio device as USB audio…