RoPieee looses USB DAC [Resolved: inadequate PS]

Yeah. The DAC crapped out. Your DAC is already ‘scary’, because it also reports that there’s something in the descriptor being blacklisted etc. And after that also a message about a certain UAC descriptor not found…

So I’m afraid this is out of my hands.

Yes. I sent you a PM about UAC on this DAC some time ago. Did you have time to look at that?
I have said to Sound Devices that they ought to get rid of the double UAC descriptors and make the thing UAC2 only. Or at least make this an option. There is an unused dip switch that could toggle it.
I’ll probably go for one of the HAT’s, maybe the PecanPi as I need balanced on XLR. It will sound better too I guess. In due time…

@spockfish I have powered the Pi4 with an official 3A supply since Wednesday (15th). The ISO is still between DAC and Pi, but now the Pi4 (USB 2) is directly connected to the ISO.

So far no disconnect!

I previously powered the Pi with a Samsung mobile charger, so this may have given the trouble. Strange as the Pi itself has been completely stable with the Samsung charger. Might be that the Pi powers down USB to protect itself if it senses there is too little power available?
Anyway, I hope the new PS keeps everything stable… We’ll see

I am now certain this was due to the power supply. A week has passed with no problems after I started using a PS certified for the Pi4. This includes a RoPieee update (beta channel 475->476) and several reboots + the latest Roon release.
I’ve changed the header to reflect this.

1 Like