Ropieee-NG BETA - chat about the new release currently at 2022.01 (RC)

Hmm. Good to know. I’ll dig around the basement and see what I can start up with an older OS.

Before I forget, it was renamed from .img to .bin

• image renamed to .bin
  • feedback button is working again
  • reboot button is working again
  • web authentication is working again
  • fix the ‘forgotten’ Roon zone (not with this update, but with the next one)

@wizardofoz here are the images:

https://image.ropieee.io/ropieee_ose_pi4-2021.11.2-beta.20211110.030.bin
https://image.ropieee.io/ropieee_ose_pi3-2021.11.2-beta.20211110.031.bin

Should this trigger an update on my pi?

It triggered on the Pi4 I setup first but hasn’t seemed to get any indication on the 3/4 on builds 17/18 thus far

maybe something to do with the img/bin chase but then again maybe not.

hope I dont have to flash 2 SD’s again, but if so then thats why we do beta testing.

I’ll just wait a bit and see if Harry can do some magic. Easy enough for me to re-flash if it comes to that. Only a single pi endpoint. Roon bridge works so it is not a real problem.
My RoPieee lets me to apply, configure and reboot even if no changes are made - after reboot the same repeats in a loop.

No mistake my side. I forgot to update the Pi 3. I still need to get used to the 2 builds in stead of one.

For your info: RoPieee checks every 15 minutes (with some random time on top of that). Should pop up now any minute.

Yeah the ‘apply’ is rather ‘dumb’ at the moment and does not check if you made any actual changes. Is on the list.

OK the Pi3 is updating now but nothing showing up for the Pi4 which is on 2021.11.1 (018)

is there an ssh command to force it for the RPi4 rebooting didn’t seem to help.

is the user and password still the same for ssh?

I can see ssl connections to ropieee.io from my pi in my firewall log, but it seems to find nothing to do.

Every 5 minutes…

@ogs and @wizardofoz for the Pi 4 I’m working on it.

Updated to 2021.11.2 (033) works flawles!

Looking good now for both 3&4 units. Thanks Harry

1 Like

033 up and running. That took a long time! More than an hour… at one point I was convinced I needed to powercycle. I’m glad I didn’t.

Very sluggish after it came back from the upgrade, then gradually stopped working completely. Couldn’t start a ssh session. Then I did the powercycle and everything seems fine after that.

As feedback functionality is back now… could you send it to me?

Thanks

@spockfish did you see anything from my device feedback that may give us a hint if it is my card or something else. I tried the latest bin and received no errors burning but same result of no response from device. Thanks.

One of my Pi4s updated quickly with no problem.

The other seems to be stuck on the “Wrapping up installation” screen.

I’ll leave it a bit longer to see if it completes.

Interesting roon can still see and play to it!

The non beta devices can see it (and it looks to be running the previous beta version still).

Try it from a different browser tab

That gave the same result.

I rebooted via /reboot and after some time it seems to have come back with the new build. Perhaps I should have just waited longer.

Both needed to be re-enabled in roon - but I think you expected that.

Yes, that will behave beter starting with the next release. Can you send me feedback?