Ropieee on the New Raspberry Pi 4

I’m obviously missing something here: tried to use current stable image to boot on RPi 4 in order to enable Beta stream in web interface. But the RPI 4 simply won’t boot under the stable image. So what do I need to do?

TIA…

Earlier in this post there’s a link to a beta image.

Which is working flawlessly by the way (using cable, and without the touch screen), I believe I’m using the version that was updated a bit later on.

1 Like

yes, it’s on the beta channel so receives updates regularly.

Unfortuntately the screen will take time though. I’m off for holidays after tomorrow, and I still can’t get it to work :frowning:

Thanks for all your efforts, Harry.
I have not toyed with my RPi4 last week, was there any update that enabled support for WiFi?

No there isn’t. WiFi is still broken.

Thanks - missed that!

Tough cookie…
Enjoy your holidays!

Pls excuse my ignorance… Is this device powerful enough to run Roon core?

No. Ropieee is allowing the RPi to be used as an endpoint for listening rather than running the core. It’s also a low power ARM CPU and there are no Roon Core builds for ARM and I personally think it’s unlikely there will ever be one… but who knows :grinning:

1 Like

I just bought a new four slice toaster. Can I run RoPieee on it and then add the Roon core? :rofl:

3 Likes

But…after your holiday you’ll look it at with a fresh mind and solve the puzzle! :smile: Thanks for your efforts, and enjoy your holidays! :sunny:

1 Like

My domobar rotary pump espresso machine runs it nicely…but needed to plum it in with a Doulton audiophile water filter for the best results. Unplumbed I was having too many dropouts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Can I get those filters on the amazon?

I would think so…streasil silver candle (spelling might be wrong) as I recall.

It’s Berkey … but I have confused that with another option I looked at as I opted for as an inline filter by Doulton which is what I use…sorry.edited above.

Sorry for the tangent…back to our normal programming now :innocent:

Guys,

Just pushed an update to the beta channel that introduces WiFi support. 5G. Jay!

This is a fairly large update (firmware, bootloader, kernel). So let it sit out. And remember: you first need to reboot again after the update has been pulled in to take effect.

Now, I did not do any kinda stability test or something. Just got it working, but didn’t want to hold out. After all, this is a beta right?

Off for a few days. Laterz!

6 Likes

Great work! Thank you for your efforts.

Enjoy your holidays!

Hi,

Should I do anything extra to get wifi enabled? Rebooted few times, everything works smoothly over LAN, but can’t see an option to enable WIFI. Not sure it got the latest update…

Thanks.

did you gave it time to update?
Update is 311.

Hi, my RoPieee is updated to 311 but I cannot find anything about WiFi on the web page.

Anyway not a problem, it’s perfectly working on LAN.