Ropieee Remote Control

Hello,
I need your help. Please can you explain me step by step how to install Ropieee Remote Control to Roon Extensions. I am completely beginner in linux software.
Thanks.

This only works when you have a RPi 7" LCD attached. what is your setup? and where is it that you are not getting past?

1 Like

I have Raspberry pi with Hifiberry DAC, 7" LCD display and Ropieee software. Roon ROCK software on NUC computer. It played very well. LCD is still in text mode, and there is no extention in Roon Extentions.

You need to install the beta release of the lcd on the SD card.

Maybe send a message to @spockfish

I’ve moved this to the RoPieee area too

Hi Slawek,

At this point the screen is only supported by using the beta image, which you can download from here: http://image.ropieee.org/ropieee-beta-20170712.img

Flash it, re-install it and configure it (goto to the web page at http://ropieee.local)

Good luck!

Hi,
It is working now. Thanks.

Hi there, I am having trouble installing an OSMC remote delivered in a bundle with a hifiberry DAC+ pro and a raspberry pie 3B+. The remote is not detected in the web configuration menu (pg 19 of Nathan Wilke’s excellent beginner’s guide) and I find no extensions to allow in roon. I checked that the roon control zones are the same. I am running ROCK on a NUC with the latest version and latest ropieee release. Everything else works like a charm. Thank you for any hint.

the usb part seems to get detected:
[ 2.952249] usb 1-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 4 using dwc_otg
[ 3.101332] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=248a, idProduct=8367, bcdDevice= 1.00
[ 3.109681] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 3.113976] usb 1-1.2: Product: Wireless Receiver
[ 3.118052] usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Telink
[ 3.133261] input: Telink Wireless Receiver Mouse as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.0/0003:248A:8367.0001/input/input0
[ 3.142121] input: Telink Wireless Receiver Consumer Control as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.0/0003:248A:8367.0001/input/input1
[ 3.212443] input: Telink Wireless Receiver System Control as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.0/0003:248A:8367.0001/input/input2
[ 3.220914] hid-generic 0003:248A:8367.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [Telink Wireless Receiver] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.2/input0
[ 3.239939] input: Telink Wireless Receiver as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.1/0003:248A:8367.0002/input/input3
[ 3.312943] hid-generic 0003:248A:8367.0002: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [Telink Wireless Receiver] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.2/input1

1 Like

Hi,

It looks like this OSMC receiver uses a different USB id, hence it’s not detected.

Can you send me feedback? It’s on the ‘advanced’ tab. I can then add the receiver to RoPieee.

Regards,

2 Likes

Dear Harry, just did - ID 33bfa4f38bb114af. Thank you very much!

Hi,

I just pushed out an update (337) that also adds your OSMC receiver.
This means that with this update the remote tab should show ‘OSMC’ instead of ‘unknown’.

Let me know how it turns out.

Thanks,

1 Like

works like a charm. Thank you Harry.

1 Like

@spockfish I know my Flirc is a pain in the arse as I’m unable to debug at my end as well as others (you said something about SSH or something similar). If I made another donation can I have your support in solving my Flirc usb (set a media keys) issue please?

Thanks.

Hi Paul,

I still hope this is not necessary. I’m working on some kind of utility that logs stuff from the Flirc. When you then send feedback that log is being attached to it. With this I hope we can have a better idea what’s going on, or at least if the basic receiving part works.

Maybe this weekend, depends a little bit on real life :wink:

I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks

1 Like

For anyone who may come across this thread. I didn’t know I had to enable the remote extension in Roon haha. Appreciate all the support guys and it’s working great :+1:

Hi @spockfish

I’m looking at using Ropieee with a hifhberry DAC+ PRO XLR or Allo Boss. On the Hifiberry site, it mentions the below. Does this mean that with the OSMC RF remote/dongle, I can control the volume/mute etc, for all audio being played via Ropieee ? For example Roon/Spootify/Airplay etc. Or only Roon via a Roon Extension ?

“Hardware volume control—you can control the output volume using “alsamixer” or any application that supports ALSA mixer controls”

RoPIeee’s remote control only supports Roon as it uses the Roon API to do that. So it only works for RoPieee, not XL.

Right I see. Although I meant to say I was using RopieeeXL :slight_smile: If it’s possible to get the OSMC RF Remote working with RopieeXL for all audio sources, that would be amazing!

Hello Harry,

I am trying to install Flirc onto my RoPieee for hours now, but something is very wrong.

I can train Flirc on my Windows using my Audio Analogue Fortissimo remote, the software seems to work just fine here.

However, after I put the Flirc into my Raspberry 2B (which works just fine running RoPieee XL) add the right Zone and authorize the extension in Roon the remote does not seem to work.

When using the “Kodi” controller setup in the Flirc software I can use the play and pause buttons (seem to be the same code on the remote as both play and pause), and if I pick the Media Keys controller setup then the skip forward/backward function seems to work only (but jumping always several tracks ahead and requiring several presses to skip back). I have tried to use the “Boxee” setup that was recommended by Hans Beekhuyzen but that does not work at all.

What should I do? Is this a problem with the key mapping? I cannot really believe it is the remote, as on Windows it seem to work. Should I delete some or all of the inbuilt profiles in “advanced”?

Thanks!
Áron

Try the “Media Keys” profile, perhaps?

This is really great :slight_smile: I use it in Roon with Flirc and my Aries Mini.