RopieeeXL wifi dongle

Hi @spockfish

updated to 2.534 but still do not get the external wifi dongle to work. I plugged in other USB devices (e.g. memory stick) which works well.

Yeah Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s nothing wrong with the stick :wink:
For now Iā€™m out of options trying to resolve this remotely, so either stick with cable or go for for another dongle.

@spockfish
which dongle do you recommend?

May I jump in here? Me and at least one other user had great success with the stick mentioned here: RopieeeXL wifi dongle

1 Like

Thanks for your response

I ordered TBĀ® Ralink 5370 USB Wifi Dongle USB 2.0 Wireless and had no issue during setup.
I wanted to have a smaller dongle without a long antenna.

Yep. Was very straight forward, following the instructions above (thanks again btw!) Only one mod I needed to make. Some black tape over the LED :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same over here. Glad it continues to work :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Update from the post below:

Comfast is stable, so far. Tp-Link has lost signal a couple of times.

"After a new batch of wifi problem, I purchased external USB wifi antennas.

Comfast CF-912AC is fast. (I saw it was being sold on Allo DigiOneā€™s website so I ordered if from Amazon). I bought a 3 ft USB extender cable so I can plug this dongle (looks like a USB memory stick) into it and ā€˜aimā€™ it better and move it away from the streamer since AlloDigiOne players have their USB sockets in a ā€˜busyā€™ area.

Also, the TP-Link USB Wifi Adapter for Pc (Archer T2U Plus) works.

Just got them up and running, so weā€™ll see how they hold up over time.

I would like to learn how to find the wifi signal strength. Iā€™ll google and see what comes up."

Another vote for this dongle.
Worked fine out of the box and took my RPI 3B (not +) from a frequently unusable 3-4Mb/s to 195Mb/s.

1 Like

This one work, https://www.satshop.fi/vu-dual-band-wireless-usb-2-0-adapter-600mbps-with-antenna.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAiML-BRAAEiwAuWVggoIbMPphENUQG3tXW8GjEIKOqQn-_jOvJkRY4IUPZ9sjGqG70SlkzRoC24MQAvD_BwE
I use it with Rpi 3B+ / Allo Digione, i use 5ghz ac wifi and it work very fast and stable.
Dongle is for USB 2.0 and on Ropieee XL wifi settings show that dongle have
Realtek 8812AU/8821AU chipsets, my Router is Asus RT-AX58U.

Anyone know if the Tp-Link Archer T2U Nano works OK with Ropieee? Iā€™m looking for a compact 5GHz dongle, having been using a 2.4GHz dongle successfully for several years. This link seems to talk a bit about Linux compatibility, and points to some Realtek drivers, but Iā€™m not totally clear what chipset it is.

1 Like

Hello @spockfish am trying to use the Allo Comfast CF-912AC Wi-Fi dongle with Allo USBridge on Ropieee v3.066 stable.

After enabling Wi-Fi an a reboot the dongle is not listed in the Interface drop down.

Its a RTL8812AU chipset. appreciate if you can help.

Feedback ID: d253e304c2251c82

Support for this dongle lands in the next release, planned for this week.

1 Like

@spockfish Iā€™m also using the CF-912AC Wi-Fi dongle (on a RPi4) and just updated to the new release and Ropieee picked it up and is using it for my Wi-Fi connectionā€¦Thks for the fix!

The latest Ropieee workd for me too with the Comfast CF-912AC Wi-Fi dongle, Thanks @spockfish!

@spockfish would you be able to help me troubleshoot my Wi-Fi dongle as well? I have the the Comfast CF-912AC on a RPi4 as I saw others had success with it. In the network tab it lets me select the USB stick from the drop down, and I enter all the information but after I reboot to implement the changes, it lists ā€œnot_setā€ as the interface, with the network field blank, but the correct wifi password.

I have tried re-flashing the OS with the USB dongle in each of the different USB slots and get the same result each time. I submitted feedback c22e2607018e83b8 for the unit named ā€œFocalPieeeXLā€, running Version 3.107. If I need to change from the Update Channel from Stable ā†’ Beta, please let me know. Thanks!

Hey there,

do you reckon that this one would work? COMFAST CF-913AC USB3.0

Apparently COMFAST CF-912AC is impossible to find anywhere this daysā€¦

Cheers!

No idea, but I can confirm that this one has worked flawlessly for me:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081C2Y239/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just plug and play?

Yes.
Well, you need to select it in the drop-down in Ropieee, but nothing more.