Router: Any Advantage of a better power supply?

I cannot reliably hear a difference between the things you listed except maybe the last one.

However, I know for a fact that I think I can hear a difference when there is none. The reason I know this for a fact is that once I fancied testing power cables, and I did hear a difference - but then I noticed that due to operator error I had not actually changed the cable and using the same one. Yet I “heard” a clear difference.

I am convinced that in everyday life you know very well that you don’t have objective senses, it’s just that for some reason you want to ignore this when listening to your system.

Your last item, the rack, will be contentious for many. I won’t get into this here, except for saying that possible microphony effects on analog electronics have nothing at all to do with digital signal transmission

2 Likes

Correction, the reason is clear now

@gTunes
My quick reply, though you retracted your post :
I stick to facts, Markus Wildenberg and not me linked this website with his profile here, for what purpose, I do not know.

What’s transgressive about it?
And if it is, fine.
I like to push boundaries from time to time.
If no one did this, the status quo would remain in place forever.

Nope. I got into some trouble once on another forum for suggesting to otherwise smart and successful people that the arguments they were using in their subjectivist claims in favor of audiophile Ethernet were structurally the same as the anti-science rethoric used by Covid-deniers / anti-vaxxers. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I pulled my post.

I don’t want someone researching my personal or professional world and bringing that into a conversation here. I understand why you believe the content you posted is relevant to the conversation. If I look at it through the lens of “what if I were on the receiving end of something like this because someone disagreed with me or questioned my motives”, I land on the side of “we shouldn’t do this here”.

Just an opinion and, frankly, more a statement about what I think I should do than it is a statement about what you should do. :slight_smile: That’s why I pulled my post.

2 Likes

No.

1 Like

Then I’m sure you appreciate the nuance of my post. There’s a long implied list of groups, beliefs, ideologies, etc. that I have in my head but didn’t write down. You and I may have similar lists. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What do you think the people who design and build these systems do?

1 Like

It’s difficult to reject such would-be miracles. After all, the whole idea of hi-fi is based on illusion and misdirection – the illusion that the symphony or band or performers is right there in the room with you, even if you can’t see them. And people seem to love the very idea of grifters, based on the number of books and movies based on their exploits. People flocked to the shows of P. T. Barnum even while knowing that the illusions he presented were pure hokum.

So a successful grifter is celebrated in society rather than reviled. Why should we be surprised that so many companies are making money selling dubious remedies for hypothetical problems?

3 Likes

Good ones measure and listen, and IMHO the engineers generally accept that they don’t have a good explanation for some audible differences. (Edit: And of course also know that not every perception is real)

1 Like

Just emphesizing on my earlier post.

You know who you are :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Then do not link your website.

Thanks.

I still want to keep it

1 Like

Nach derzeit herrschenden wissenschaftlichen Erkenntnissen können unsere Produkte keinen medizinischen, therapeutischen oder sonst einen wissenschaftlich nachweisbaren Effekt erzielen. Die von unseren Kunden wahrgenommenen Effekte sind aus Sicht der Schulmedizin und der sonstigen Wissenschaft daher sog. „Placebo-Effekte“. Wir übernehmen daher ausdrücklich keine Haftung für die Wirksamkeit unserer Produkte. Für die Benutzung und die Wahl der richtigen Anwendung ist allein der Nutzer verantwortlich. Was wir betonen möchten: Nach unserer Auffassung ist die Schulmedizin und Wissenschaft derzeit lediglich (noch) nicht in der Lage, die von unseren Kunden bei der Inanspruchnahme unserer Leistungen empfundenen Effekte wissenschaftlich nachzuweisen.

Google Translate:

According to the currently prevailing scientific knowledge, our products cannot achieve any medical, therapeutic or any other scientifically verifiable effect. From the point of view of conventional medicine and other science, the effects perceived by our customers are therefore so-called “placebo effects”. We therefore expressly assume no liability for the effectiveness of our products. The user alone is responsible for using and choosing the right application. What we would like to emphasize: In our opinion, conventional medicine and science are currently not (yet) able to scientifically prove the effects felt by our customers when using our services.

Bold formatting by me. Everything should be clear. Welcome to the wonderful world of magic thinking.

They measure technical values I guess. I am not a technician. I only tried a several things and that had some effects to me. I never wrote anything else and so I do not understand this discussion.

From the forum guidelines:

Be Transparent

We love to hear from others in the audio industry, whether we’re already collaborating with you or may do so in the future!

That said, if you’re going to be advocating on behalf of your company or organization in any way, please be transparent about your affiliation, and edit your profile to include:

• Your name
  • The name of your company or organization, added to the Title field
  • The URL of your company or organization’s website, when appropriate

This was written for guys like you :wink:

But what has it to do with my first post where I only wrote what was my experience?

To complete:

These are always subjective, mental models, as well as alternative & scientifically unrecognized test procedures. Therefore, we generally recommend to test the products in the home environment and to check for their own benefit. If there is no added value, we will take the products back within 4 weeks against 100% credit. A targeted sound improvement in terms of optimized perception, we achieve at SIRO Audio through the use of carefully selected and partly self-created device bases, Ethernet cables, and other relevant products.

I deleted it and will subscribe from this Forum.

1 Like

I do not trust myself to judge what is audible. With whatever ears. Not to mention ears other than my own, what do I know about that?
And so I want to stay out of it.
However, I don’t want to stay out of it if I have the impression that someone is using a platform for business reasons to promote their product.

Well, you’re now in violation of the terms.

This was never my intention. Sorry for that impression.