Router does not support wireless multicast

1900 is SSDP / UPNP and not used by RAAT

1 Like

What you should be seeing is the source address as the Chromecast and destination is 239.255.90.90 port 9003

this may sound stupid, but how would a factory reset chrome cast audio, think to multicast on the RAAT Ip\Port. Or do all applications that multicast use the same IP ?

I’ve just plugged in a Bluesound Node I have spare and in the capture I can see it (192.168.111.5) broadcasting it’s RAAT information (you can see it it in the data section - bluos etc)

Mine has both the multicast and broadcast as the switch is flooding the unknown multicast as well.

If a device is Roon Endpoint compatible it will use a defined multicast address (239.255.90.90)

Doesn’t matter what the make of device is they will (should) all use the same multicast (group) address

1 Like

Im ashamed to say it, but there was a firewall rule blocking it. or more correctly, windows firewall had many rules for roon, roon, roon server, roon bridge. i wonder had some become inactivated whenever i had installed other roon products…

thanks everyone, especially the big guy, i learned something about multicast and chromecast audio today, and I think i wont be so frightened by it in future.

2 Likes

Proves why I don’t work in support as the first question should always be is the firewall blocking it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Mike-D,

Glad to hear you were able to narrow down the issue to the firewall aspect of your system!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.