RPI4 Multichannel Endpoint? Anyone try this?

Continuing the discussion from Multichannel Endpoint - Still Tryin':

I’m in the same boat. I contacted suptronics and was told a RPi 4 version of this was coming in April. I’ll wait to try that as a multichannel Roon ready endpoint. Has anyone tried the RPi3 version here —> X6000 7.1CH Hi Fi Audio Channel Expansion Board for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B / 2B /B+|raspberry expansion board|raspberry pi expansion boardpi board - AliExpress

In the meantime, Suptronics obviously started to offer the x6000k 7.1 and 8.0 kits. Nothing there about roon support. But it should output multichannel over HDMI.
Anyone here tried it?

This guy has done it

The MOTU UltraLite-mk5 doesn’t seem to have an HDMI output or an Ethernet input. So, unfortunately, no solution for me.
But, RL is telling you what is there and what is not :wink:. I ordered one of the last NUC8s. I think I will simply install ROCK, and it should solve the problem once and for all.

Rock will work with the Motu direct via USB from a NUC?

This sounds like 2 channels works, not multichannel?

1 Like

Not exactly! The arrangement I’ve outlined in my Support post “works” with Roon for 2.0, 5.1 and 7.1 (these are the only channel options Roon offers, right?) but any of the unused 10 channels available on the UltraLite-mk5 are filled with static crackle. Odd! Now there are ways around this of course, but it’s still a bug in Roon from what I can see.

1 Like

Hi John

What method did you use to verify 7.1 works?

Have you relied on absence of static/crackle to confirm this or have you actually had sound through all 8 channels to confirm?

From your support page you wrote “If I configure it as 7.1 and send stereo, for example, as 7.1, then channels 3 - 8 are silent but 9 - 10 are still filled with static.”

So you haven’t actually sent 8 channels of actual audio?

1 Like

There’s still so much jerking around required which for me I’m not willing to try. My time is too valuable…I’ll let you nerds figure it out over the next years and I’ll gladly take it on there once RoPieee and Roon get it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sent eight channels of audio. Please read what I’ve already written. You don’t have to believe me of course, that’s up to you.

I get that. It is figured out, and it’s not complicated, but there is a bug on the channels you don’t use.

1 Like

“Figured out” for me. Load ISO and done. I prefer to listen rather than spend too much time on the computer during my personal hours. :wink: