RTE Radio streams cutting out.. still :)

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC12 Pro Kit NUC12WSHi7, 64GB RAM, running in Docker container Also occurred when using Synology as core, again in Docker.

Also, Roon 2.0 build 1259

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unifi Dream Machine Pro
Unifi Switch 24 POE
Wired CAT6 network

Connected Audio Devices

1 x iMac (headphones)
4 x Symfonisk (via Sonos protocol)
1 x Symfonisk (same device as above, but via Airplay protocol)

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Apologies - I reported this once before but completely forgot to follow up.

I’m still seeing an issue with the RTE streams terminating after n minutes, usually within 10 minutes but sometimes more.

• The issue does not happen when using Airplay on the same device
  • It does not appear to be affecting any other non-Symfonisk device
  • However, it is happening on at least one other Symfonisk device
  • I’ve borrowed an actual Sonos to test but haven’t had a chance yet, will report back when I do
  • Other radio stations, such as BBC6 radio appear to be fine on the same Sonos device (usign the Sonos protocol)
  • Switching from the AAC stream to the MP3 stream seems to last a bit longer, but still eventually cuts out

So it really only seems to be the combination of that specific stream when played to a Sonos device using the Sonos protocol.

Not sure if it’s relevant but, when playing, the countdown clock in my Roon app seems to go a bit weird; after the first couple of minutes it starts only updating the time every 10-12 seconds. Again, this doesn’t seem to happen on any other device, or via Airplay.

The log for the 60 seconds before it occurs: RoonServer_log.txt · GitHub

I think that’s everything but let me know if I can offer anything more. I can recreate it pretty quickly (10-15 minutes, on average) so should be in a position to test any fixes.

Update: I’ve just tried updating Sonos to the latest version and it didn’t help.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.