Rugby's Weekly Roon User and Music Google Chat

As always, if you are having an issue, want to ask questions about Roon, or other hardware/software audio topics, or just chat about music.

Today: “Is soundstage a lie”, More Notes on the Demo Event, Jean-Michel Jarre “Oxymore” DR review; and more…

OLD LINK REMOVED…

Please keep in mind, everyone here is a fellow user like yourself; so this is NOT an official chat.

Hi Daniel, my brief intervention from the UK was a pleasant surprise having readily clicked a few links this evening. I’ll try to “onboard” nearer the start of the next session, time differences (& Chores) permitting. Cheers for now, Paul.

3 Likes

Pleasure to see/ meet you Paul.
Until next week my friend!

2 Likes

Bonfire night here so was out burning and exploding stuff. My mad sister is visiting next week so no chance I’ll leave her unattended in my house for any significant time. I will return soon…

2 Likes

I was only thinking about Bonfire Night earlier and wondering if it was still a big thing over there.
I guess so then.

You have been missed sir😉

1 Like

Bonfire night is definitely still big, more so with professionally produced displays but still common in local gardens. We spend our evening keeping the cats calm as the whooshes & explosions scare the crap out of them :frowning:

It’s been crazy here for the last 3 days or so, just constant fireworks going off and dogs barking :angry:

1 Like

We have a hotel about a mile away (The Pig). they have firework displays a few times a month throughout the year :confounded:

Ooh nice :scream_cat:

This year Rosh Hashanah seamlessly blended into Diwali and then on to Nov 5th. Only torrential rain seems to have created gaps.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Ryan, aka IP, is taking over hosting duties today as I am not sure I’ll make it back. I’m going to an event. If I am back in time I will join in, and even if not, I’ll phone in briefly and say hello.

I went to the capitol audio fest and have lots to talk about which will be next week.

Ryan, Steve wants to chat about Animals and I thought you could share your Animals story. :smiley:

2 Likes

and… we’re done!

Pink Floyd Animals, 20A duplex receptacles, track suggestions I can’t remember (please post here), HQP and the consumer side of ECC ram, the ultimate in ~$16,000 digital playback chains, the importance (or not so important) first reflections, ear speakers, and a handful of other things… See you next week!

1 Like

Sorry Gentlemen, I forgot to ask for the normal start times, duration, link location etc. etc.

I guess meet up is Saturday, 3pm EST & link looks like it appears shortly before, I will diary the meetings and hope to join in next week.

Enjoy what’s left of your weekend.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

The other thing we touched briefly on was this thing https://shunyata.com/products/power-distributors/venom-line-power-distributors/venom-defender/

“provides surge protection and noise reduction to power amplifiers without the negative effects of traditional chassis based power solutions”

Yep…I have one of those too😉
Missed the meeting as no phone/ internet and waste of time trying to do it on my mobile phone as that’s got crap service in the house.
Next week maybe!

1 Like

Apologies, will miss my first session again alas, social commitments prevail (or i’ll get in trouble with Mrs.P).
I’ll get there eventually…………

As always, if you are having an issue, want to ask questions about Roon, or other hardware/software audio topics, or just chat about music.

Today: Capitol Audio Fest, UEFI ROCK, Prices, etc

OLD LINK REMOVED

Please keep in mind, everyone here is a fellow user like yourself; so this is NOT an official chat.

Today: Rugby has new headphones, Dan has new gear, World Cup Madness, Kev talks Porsches and guitars

old link removed

Today: Rugby has a new ADC/DAC on order, has Dan received his McIntosh gear? And will IP stiill be working on his new HQP PC?

Old link removed

Today: Rugby has a new ADC/DAC, Dan reviews his McIntosh gear, IP’s update on his new PC journey.

old link removed