Rugby's Weekly Roon User and Music Google Chat

Hey Daniel! @Rugby How is everything going?

Is ARC the success, from RL’s pov, that all were hoping for? (Kinda serious price hike for the yearly, however, RL offered me the same pricing if I upgraded before 2022’s end, which was very cool; my sub terms in Feb.

Wishing everyone best of health and prosperity as you see fit in your coming New Year!

As always, if you are having an issue, want to ask questions about Roon, or other hardware/software audio topics, or just chat about music.

Today: IP’s update on his new PC journey, what with all these new Pink Floyd releases.

old link removed

Please keep in mind, everyone here is a fellow user like yourself; so this is NOT an official chat.

Enjoying Savannah this weekend with the better half.
Have a great discussion guys!

2 Likes

As always, if you are having an issue, want to ask questions about Roon, or other hardware/software audio topics, or just chat about music.

Please keep in mind, everyone here is a fellow user like yourself; so this is NOT an official chat.

Link below:

Old Link Removed

Link below:

OLD LINK REMOVED.

Today: IP finally debuts his new HQP computer.

Link below:

OLD LINK REMOVED

Thanks for hosting and to all attendees.

1 Like

My excuse for not attending (again) tonight was being a caring husband and accompanying SWMBO to watch (or suffer) Roald Dahl’s Matilda, The Musical……
It’s not often that I can claim to have an out body of experience but tonight I wished I could be out of my body and somewhere far away…… :confounded:

1 Like

I love Danny Devito in the non-musical film.

The lead child (whoever she may be) has the most horrendous speaking voice, as I commented to Mrs P, like that voice in the old “Chipmunk” records…Alvin & co…

Oh dear.
I shall avoid.

1 Like

The West End production?

I don’t make it to London often but, when I do, I always try to see some theatre. We saw Matilda the last time we were there and I thought it was fantastic. Haven’t watched the Netflix version but I’ll get around to it.

I’ve also seen some garbage in the West End including the absolute worst (and most bizarre) musical I’ve ever seen which was Andrew Lloyd Weber’s Starlight Express. Must have been around 1994. I still feel that all of England owes me an apology or at least a refund.

1 Like

This was the recently released, i believe, cinematic version viewed locally (“Starring Emma Thompson”). London is a 300 mile round trip for me, I wouldn’t travel that far for any stage musical.
Andrew Lloyd Weber, I wouldn’t travel anywhere for his work I’m afraid. :grimacing:

1 Like

Ah. That’s a recent streaming Netflix release over here.

London is a bit further than a 300 mile round trip for us. You’re wise about not traveling for ALW. But speaking very specifically, I strongly advise that neither you nor anyone with any sort of taste ever travel even 10 feet to see Starlight Express. I’d call it a train wreck but that would be a bit on the nose given that, as far as I could tell, the characters were train cars played by humans on roller skates. I wish I was clever enough to make that up. I’m not. :frowning:

2 Likes

Link below:
old link removed.

Hi @Rugby Daniel is there a chat “tonight”?

Yes, there is!

same link?

Link below:
old link removed

:+1:t4: thanks, short of something unforeseen i’ll be there.

1 Like