Rugby's Weekly Roon User and Music Google Chat

9-23 Recap

As always thanks for dropping by. Great to see @Swisstrips again!

The open chat touched on:

Album of the week discussion

• Matteo Mancuso The Journey
    The Journey | Matteo Mancuso

• “Monk’s Dream”, 1962, 1st Columbia release after leaving Riverside

• “Duke Ellington & John Coltrane”, 1963

• Bruno Muller, “inner Back Home”, Jazz funk

• Paulo Morello, “Livin

• Paulo Morello, “Pourquoi”, with Phillip Catherine highly regarded Belgian guitarist

• Ray Wilson
    Upon My Life, Ray Wilson - Qobuz

• Little Richard Documentary:
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/title-2268256

• Lifesigns - Altitude and Cardington

• Almagest Quintet - Almagest Live

• Tesseract - War of Being

• Ticket to the Moon, Elements

• SLIFT - UMMON

• Nation of Language New album

• Dominique Fils-Aime - Our Roots Run Deep

2 Likes

Should be there this week people.
And I do have a thorny Roon topic to discuss if we have the time :grin:

Already put in on my topic list. :smiley: as “Kev’s Thorny Subject” LoL.

2 Likes

As always, if you are having an issue, want to ask questions about Roon, or other hardware/software audio topics, or just chat about music.

Please keep in mind, everyone here is a fellow user like yourself; so this is NOT an official Roon chat.

Link Below:
old link removed

I will not be able to make it today as life things have come up. Hope everyone is doing well.

Some topics to consider for next time; what is happening with bandcamp, valence in the age of AI.

Album of the week for me was the new Steely Dan Aja re release. Please share your album of the week below. See you next week!

3 Likes

I’m going with
A cell to call home by Advent Horizon.

1 Like

My album of the week is another oldie.

Recently purchased from Cherry Red on CD and this was one of my LPs in the early 80s when I had about 12 LPs to my name. So it’s one I know nearly every note and pause on but haven’t listened to it and years and years and boy does it stand up after all these years.

See you all next week.

.sjb

2 Likes

I just wanted to thank @andybob for the recommendation last week of the Aero Quartet album. Wonderful!

2 Likes

I’ve got that on vinyl too. I liked Barracuda by Quantum Jump which led to…

1 Like

Like everyone in Ireland I’ll be watching a rugby match tonight.

Catch you all next week.

.sjb

3 Likes

As always, if you are having an issue, want to ask questions about Roon, or other hardware/software audio topics, or just chat about music.

Please keep in mind, everyone here is a fellow user like yourself; so this is NOT an official Roon chat.

Link Below:
old link removed

me tooooooo…!

Today at 3 pm EST will be the weekly meetup. So, crack open a beverage of choice and join us.

Link Below:

OLD LINK Removed

Sorry @Rugby I won’t be able to make today.

My song recommendation is :arrow_down:

I like the whole album to be fair

1 Like

Thanks for those that dropped by and sorry we didn’t get to hear @ipeverywhere musical choice (post it below).

Topics

Weekly Musical Suggestions

My birthday today so won’t be making the chat later.

My musical choices.

CMAT - crazymad, for me
OMD - Bauhaus Staircase.

TTFN

.sjb

1 Like

The Final of the RWC tonight & I’ll be watching. Hope to be back sooner than later…

1 Like

Go All Blacks.

1 Like

Today at 3 pm EST will be the weekly meetup. So, crack open a beverage of choice and join us.