Runaway volume: decrease to -100

Roon Core Machine

Asustor 6102T, ADM version 4.1.0.RJD1, 8 GByte RAM, Intel Celeron Dual Core 1.6GHz
Roon Core version 1.8 (build 1021) using RoonOnNas by the wonderful Christopher Rieke

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Power Lan Devolo Magic 2

Connected Audio Devices

Roon endpoint is a Hifiberry DAC2 Pro, Hifiberry OS version 220726 running on a Raspberry Pi 4

Number of Tracks in Library

approx. 29,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Enjoying Roon since several years and never had an issue … but now, since a few days (since the release of Roon 1.8 Build 1021 ??) I do run into the same problem pretty often: When changing the volume by the Roon remote +/- vol buttoms or the volume slider the volume suddenly decreases to -100.

This happens on my iPad Roon remote as well as on the Windows 10 Roon remote and regardless of whether I apply volume leveling in the zone settings and/or set volume limits.

And this happens even after a restart of Roon remote, Roon core or the Hifiberry. So yes, it happens pretty often and didn’t happen to me before the release of build 1021.

In “Device setup” the “Volume control” is set to “Device volume”, obviously.

I think it nay be an issue with the DAC and the latest Linux kernel. There are a few related threads on the forum.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @Martin_Webster - I reverted my HifiberryOS to the previous release (20220228) and as of now the problem did not reoccur!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.