Running Roon in Docker and it pauses and looses audio device

I’ve been trying to run Roon on my server in a Docker container. For the most part it works fine. But I have another Docker container that downloads file and unzips them once downloaded. My problem is that when that other docker container is unzipping Roon will get frequent interruptions in playback and quite frequently pop up “No audio devices found”. If I give it about 5-10 seconds the playback device is found and I can just press play again and it will resume playing.

I know I am running in a non-standard configuration and I know the real problem probably isn’t with Roon but more likely a resource conflict. I would just like to figure out exactly which resource. Is it possible to tell from the logs what exactly is causing the interruption in Roon (eg. CPU. RAM, disk access)?

My docker containers have resource monitors for CPU and RAM and I don’t see anything high on either when the interruptions occur. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry, I forgot to post the links to my logs:

RoonServer log - https://1drv.ms/t/s!AjVnhushK5VlgYFKjWelj_P06gITTg

RAATServer log - https://1drv.ms/t/s!AjVnhushK5VlgYFLUy92ZRgjV8ym-A

Hi,

You can try and see resource utilization by different containers.

Also, you could try and restrict the amount of resources for the download/unzip container.
In case you are running Docker on Mac (for example), please check how many CPUs you’ve allocated to Docker.
But I would suggest giving more resources to the container running Roon and restrict the other ones.
Please take a look at:

Hope that helps,
Michael

Hi @Kevin_ODonnell ---- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the slow response.

I had a chance to touch base with our tech team this morning concerning your report and they said that there should be no issues with running Roon in a docker, so they believe something else may be causing this behavior to occur.

In light of the above, may I very kindly ask you for the following:

• Please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide

• If this behavior is readily reproducible I’d like to enable diagnostics on your account so we can have closer look into what is happening when the error occurs. However, before* I enable this feature would you kindly reproduce the issue and note when tou make the following observation:

“My problem is that when that other docker container is unzipping Roon will get frequent interruptions in playback and quite frequently pop up “No audio devices found”. If I give it about 5-10 seconds the playback device is found and I can just press play again and it will resume playing.”

Thanks!
-Eric