Running Roon Server on new ROCK

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROON ROCK kit
OS 1.0 (build 159)
Serial 94c691A1BA9B

NUC NUC7i3BNB 8GB RAM ssd 128GB
External 1TB samsung ssd

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netcomm router 2.4ghz. rock connected via ethernet
MAC running roon connected via wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

not applicable

Description Of Issue

cannot find roon core in roon on mac
can configure rock
have added ffmpeg file to appropriate directory fine
when I open roon system status window all good but ROON server software not running and when started roon server could not be succesfully restarted contact support message comes up
please help
Thanks

Neil

Hi @Neil_Meredith,

Welcome to the forum!

Can you please use these instructions to access your ROCK logs and upload a set to Dropbox / Google Drive and post a link here? If you don’t have either service, just let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions, thanks!

Hi please see link for logs;

thanks

Hi @Neil_Meredith,

Thanks for trying to send me the logs, but unfortunately, these are the wrong ones. I’m looking for the ones from ROCK, not from your MacOS Client. You can access the ROCK ones specifically by using these instructions and you can use Mac’s Connect to Server Feature (Method 2) to connect to the ROCK internal database/Logs folder.

There is no log directory on the rock. I can connect via MAC method 2 and there are some directories present. This is how I added the codec files.

Hi @Neil_Meredith,

The logs folder should be under RoonServer/Logs, can you please check there? if you’re not seeing anything there, can you share a screenshot of the Logs or RoonServer folder?

Hi,Here are some images. It seems very strange. Have reloaded BIOs update correctly again and downloaded rock and loaded but no luck.

Thanks for your help. Am running out of my free trial period

Hi @Neil_Meredith,

According to the screenshots, it doesn’t look like Roon Server is running. Can you please try clicking on the “Start” button next to “Not Running” and see if that starts RoonServer?

I will follow-up via private message regarding your trial, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.