Running RoonCore on Linux desktop

Oh I see now he was referring to 18.04 after you mentioned yours. I thought he was referring to his

but apparently not. When using 18.04 then I agree he should use WineHQ instead, though no reason why it shouldn’t work on Jammy

But obviously it didn’t for the OP – that’s why this thread exists in the first place.

Yeah, but it’s most likely not caused by the Ubuntu version as such. Anyway, seems to be working now according to the last post

I sure am. The thread has seen some concurrent edits, which probably explains why you got confused. I was responding to the post explaining it works on their 18.04 machine - originally without mentioning a wine version, so I was extrapolating the implicated Wine version.

All water under the bridge. For what it’s worth 22.04’s distro wine nor wine-stable packages work (with the error logs/messages still earlier in this thread in case you’re interested). So, in fact the instructions Martin’s awesome post will not work anymore, in my experience, because the apt line will active REMOVE the winehq-stable package. All I did was take those steps a little too seriously in the end :slight_smile:

I’m pretty happy now. No need for a separate device to control the music while working. Yay!

2 Likes