Running very slow on iPad mini

Hi, it takes very long for the room interface to load on my iPad mini

It can take up to 15 sec to load, and when I switch to another app and come back it just loads again.

I restored the iPad and have nothing else on still it’s the same performance

It’s an iPad mini 2, could it be because it outdated ?

Hi @mohamed_elkady,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

If you use a different remote do you experience the same slowness?

Can you elaborate a bit on the slowness you’re seeing? Is it just when starting up the app or when navigating? If navigating, on what pages is it slow?

Hi, its roon 1.6 / 64bit core on core i7 windows 10 notebook
wired via 1Gb to a netgear router
the same netgear router provides the wifi to my ipad mini which I’m using as a remote

If I sue my iphone 7, it loads significantly faster (4 to 5 sec)

When I launch roon on ipad I get like 5+ sec of just black screen then i get the roon loading screen
it can take upto 15 sec to get the interface running
sometimes it crashes during this long load and I just have to relaunch

Hi @mohamed_elkady,

Thanks for the info here! How often does this occur? Only when starting up the app after a reboot? Starting it up after closing the app? Starting up after just minimizing?

starting it after closing, is the main issue(10 sec +), after minimizing i get only the connecting part which around 5 sec

after rebooting ipad or roon core?

Thanks for the info, @mohamed_elkady.

It may be that, since this is an older device, you’re having performance issues, but I’d like to have the team take a closer look here so they can verify what exactly is occurring.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the loading (black screen) occurs. Then respond here with that time as well as your timezone, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi,

Please check:
19 feb 12:07 pm GMT+4

Hi @mohamed_elkady,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.