S2 Streamer Ultra -detox suddenly stops working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
PC Win 10 64

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I was listening to music from YouTube the other day connected to the streamer via the micro USB detox connection. Suddenly the sound just disappears with me doing nothing at the time. And I have not been able to get it up and running again, not even after re-cycling everything. The streamer works with everything else.

Has anyone experienced something similar and if so could you resolve it?

Regards Martin Kaup

So you are using the micro USB on the rear to clean the incoming signal after you enabled this by either pressing the USB/PC button on the front or by choosing the function from the app, right?

Hi and thank you for your time.

That is correct, the micro USB labeled BYPASS. THat so I could take advantage of the cleaning (detox) of the PC signal. Worked fine up until going dead./Martin

Did you try another micro USB cable? Would guess so, but better to mention …

Further I remember vaguely there were reports on USB ports losing connection to the PCB. If out of warranty you could take a look inside. Remove 2 screws from the bottom and slide open. Might be an easy fix for someone with soldering skills.

Hi @martin_kaup

Are you still seeing issues here?

Just to confirm, this is not just limited to Roon, but the device isn’t working with any source, correct?