Samsung phone with arc app not connecting to core

Roon Core Machine

on macbook pro 14 2021
ventura 13.0.1

I enable upnp and nat-pmp on router
try to connect the arc app to Core but says:

to connect, make sure your roon core is turned on and configured for remote access

I also turned them both off and turn them both back on in router but still does not connect

For the upnp and nat-pmp, its in the firewall/security tab, not advanced, admin, coonectivity or network setting

please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Welcome to the Roon community, @elizabeth_chan.

It would be really helpful if you could share the diagnostic message found under Roon > Settings > Roon ARC.

Likewise, completing the support template contained in your opening post will assist those helping you. Please include details of your Roon core and all network equipment. Thanks.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 52.aaa.bbb.ccc:55000, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“52.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

This is the error I get and it is not responding well. I went into my router and enabled both UPnP and NAT-PMP and rebooted my router. I have a Lulu dual band ac3100gb router
xwr3150

sorry. Luxul brand router

@elizabeth_chan, the diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

Thanks! I just forwarded ported and it works!

If i decide to turn off my computer, Roon core would not be detected when i am out and about town .

How do i have access to all my music whenever and always turned on?

I have luxul xwr-3150 router and it supposes DLNA server.

How to attach my usb to my router and turn on roon core 24/7?

I have a usb on my router and assume i can attach the usb with the music folder to my router, but how to make the usb attach to the router or the roon core running 24/7???

Your Roon core and router must both be on 24/7 if you want 24/7 access using Roon ARC. If you don’t want to leave your computer on, you need to install Roon core on a different computer device such as a NUC, Roon Nucleus, or Apple Mac mini.

You can also download some of your local music files to your phone and play those even if your Roon core is not running using Offline mode on your Roon ARC app on the phone.

As @Jim_F says, your core needs to remain on for ARC to work. Likewise, your local library needs be be available, too, unless you’re streaming TIDAL or Qobuz.

I don’t think your mentioned details of your core machine. Many users, including me, use either ROCK or Nucleus, which are designed to be an always-on Roon appliance.

Thank you for the info. I guess when I am out and about I could use tidal. That would be just as good. Thanks!

how does a Mac mini do the job?

I don’t know, I have a Roon Nucleus. Search this site and you will probably find several threads because lots of people use the Mini.

Okay. That makes all the sense why you suggested it because other uses it. Great answer.

There are others, but the three I listed (examples) are probably the most used other than a laptop or desktop.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.