Scheduled backup fails for Backup directory not available

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Antipodes / Fedora 2.5 / Roon 1.7 build 521

I just realized that backup has been failing since end of January, error reported says the backup directory is unavailable although nothing changed in my network setup or whatsoever.

In addition, I got unable to re-create the scheduled backup to the same dir because access to the share now fails without any detail. The ‘This PC’ icon that would allow me to browse to the directory (which is local to the PC I am running Roon on) is missing from the template. See below.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi @Jean-Louis_Guichard,

Can you verify that the folder is shared on the PC, as outlined here:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_create_a_shared_folder_on_Windows_and_add_it_as_a_watched_folder_in_Roon%3F

If you enter the username and password on the share screen does that allow the share to be added?

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for your prompt answer. I just created a new share for the folder itself and setup permissions so it is accessible to everybody, read/write without any password. I also had to change the permissions on the very folder itself (independantly from the share) before adding the share in Roon backup gets successfull.

It is quite surprising it all worked successfully before end of January …

Thanks again, and regards.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, @Jean-Louis_Guichard!

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.