Scheduled updates

There were many, many complaints about fixes waiting for feature releases so Roon changed to fix only rekeases. It took them six years to make this change so going back…

I wonder whether these updates are creating more problems for more users than they’re resolving

1 Like

Whack-A-Mole

1 Like

Remember the vast majority carry on working, the view on the forum is skewed.

2 Likes

To be fair to RoonLabs, I think they are far better than Microsoft in number of bugs, who, after 30 years, still has monthly nasty bug fixes (Patch Tuesday).

But at least Microsoft has figured out how to make the updates automatic and almost painless.

As they just issued guidance to uninstall a windows 11 update, I wouldn’t be too sure of that.

Windows 11 is version 11.0, as far as I am concerned. Far from mature and Microsoft is treating its users as beta testers. The Microsoft rule of software is: never get version x.0, always wait for x.5 or higher.

Seems a better plan than the Xmas Bug Fix Bonanza of yesteryear :smiling_imp:

There are so many configurations of Roon Core some one is bound to blip. There were 250 K users last count , probably well more now. If this forum represents the few that have issues i would call that a win

Whichever way Roon can’t win