Schiit Bifroat dac stopped being recognized by ROCK after latest Roon software upgrade

Roon Core Machine

Intel nuc rock

Networking Gear & Setup Details

N/a

Connected Audio Devices

Schiit bifrost 2. Dac

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have a Schiit bifrost dac directly connected to the nuc rock vía usb. I upgraded to the latest Roon software today and it stopped recognizing the dac and no longer appears as an audio zone.

I tried the same connection with my Rotel Michi p5 and it continues to work perfectly.

I just got the Schiit dac yesterday and the only thing that changed was the roon software update, so I believe I have stumbled upon a new compatibility issue.

I have tried multiple reboots of all devices to no avail.

Help!

Hey @Edgar_Guzman,

Sorry for the delay in getting to your thread! I wanted to quickly check-in for a status update, are you still running into issues getting your DAC recognized in Roon?

If so, let’s test out how things look with a fresh database. Steps to follow below:

• Stop RoonServer from running in ROCK’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your ROCK’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Roon database folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

Now before restoring from a backup, see if the Schiit device populates properly in your Audio settings. I’ll be on standby for your reply. Thanks, Edgar!

PS - thanks for sharing the School Of Rock pictures! Getting youth involved in music is so important.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.