Schiit Bifrost Multibit or Denafrips Ares Ii

These two are on my radar. Anybody compare the two? Looking To replace my Oppo 105 that I’m using as a DAC into my Nucleus. .

I had a Bifrost Multibit. After about a year the unit died. Took several rounds back and forth to get it working. But then it produced a horrible full volume POP each time the unit changed bitrates between tracks. Schiit never owned up to it and never got it working right again. I ended up giving the unit to a good friend and am not sure if he has the same POP issue or not. The way they handled the service issue really turned me off of wanting to purchase more of their products. As for sound quality, I really didn’t have anything to compare it to and didn’t have any way to A/B it so I’m not really qualified to comment on that aspect.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

I own a Schiit Bifrost Multibit with a recent Unison USB upgrade (bought it 2016). No issues and is my primary and go to DAC. I also own a Jotunheim, a Loki, a Sys, and Asgard 2. My asgard 2 is out getting service and I have no complains so far with the service.

I have compared with my iFi iDSD and my bifrost is in a whole different class on its own.

I am about to sell mine to upgrade to Bifrost two, looking for XLR interconnects :slight_smile: